• 7(current)
XBMC Linux port questions and answers...
It would be nice with some bluetooth support. Maybe something similar to salling clicker. A java program on your phone that you can use to control xbmc.

I am really excited, i like where this is going Smile. Thx guys!
I'd like that in the xbox aswell, not just in linux. That and full FAT32 support and i'd never ask for anything again.

On a similar note there is a control program for XBMC that runs on phones, but it requires your PC to be on.
http://web.comhem.se/~u73504508/index.html
i tried to get it to work but it doesn't seem to like me.
I got the linux XBMC working on the Beta version of VMWare Fusion for OS X. It's exteremly slow at the moment (2 fps). But basically seems to be working. I'm surprised the fps is 2. As I know people have run Quake 3 etc under VMWare fusion, there must be something wrong.

Nope - VMWare only has hardware accleration for windows.

Only way you'll get "reasonable" performance is to build with "make sdl_2d"
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

This guy claims it does have OpenGL acceleration. Regardless, it's not usable as is on VMWare. I might check out Parallels next.
For windows, possibly. VMWare doesn't have hardware acceleration for anything other than windows guest OS's.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshal : doh! You are right, I guess I was reading what I wanted to read Smile
Parallels 3.0 Beta is no better (maybe 3 fps), though, I didn't expect much as they said in their release notes that they only support it with Windows guests as well.

I'm going to see if I can get it to compile directly on OS X now...
As I said, build without opengl support and it'll be much snappier over VMWare. An alternative is to run an xserver on the vm'd linux box and export X to your local machine - opengl accleration may then work, but it'll still be kinda slow.

Compilation on OSX will be interesting - let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I'm not familiar with a development process but I was wondering: is there anything a regular use could do to help?

After many posts requesting development to start on a more capable platform, I feel obliged to offer my help.
I meant a regular user.
I wonder why there's no edit function in this forum.
Wink 
@ashlar, at this stage all non-programmers/non-developers can do is try to lobby this "XBMC Linux port project" to those already proficient in the C/C++ programming-language, do your best to convince them to volunteer (without doing it in a way that can be taken the wrong way, so do not be pushy). Developer recruiting by third-party so to speak, word of mouth, maybe you know a programmer who owns a modded/unmodded Xbox, or you you know a guy who knows a guy (friends, family, people in your sport-team, etc.), invite them over to your home and let them see XBMC in action on the Xbox or even bring your Xbox to them. Maybe you hang out at another related online community-forum for multimedia, see if anyone there is interested, etc.

...before this week is through we will try to post a public request on our news-page asking for developers, you can always wait and spread that (again, not in an unsolicitated way, as we do not want people to be put off before they will even have a change to get an first impression of XBMC in action).
i like where this is going Smile
cullman Wrote:Parallels 3.0 Beta is no better (maybe 3 fps), though, I didn't expect much as they said in their release notes that they only support it with Windows guests as well.

I'm going to see if I can get it to compile directly on OS X now...

Dont forget to report back here when you got it up and running Wink
Gamester17 Wrote:...before this week is through we will try to post a public request on our news-page asking for developers, you can always wait and spread that (again, not in an unsolicitated way, as we do not want people to be put off before they will even have a change to get an first impression of XBMC in action).
That I think I can help you with.
Anything really.

I'll eagerly wait the specs for my new XBMCPC. It feels like Christmas in a certain way... Big Grin
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Linux port questions and answers...7