Updating Official Al Jazeera Add on
Now that Al Jazeera America is shutting down, I am able to access all their programs on demand thru their regular website. Is it possible to fix this add-on to pull all their On-demand programs
Has AlJazeera specifically said what their plans are, other than pulling the plug on the cable channel? I'm hoping to see them transition to a digital format, like CBSN, rather than disappear altogether. Sadly, I'm not surprised the cable channel failed, as the cable companies that carried the channel at all, immediately stuck it way up in their highest priced digital packages. And there aren't a lot of people who are going to pay $200/month just to get one news channel.

The international AJ English stream in the existing add on is usually watcahble, but it's technically "not available" in the US because they were trying to sell the cable channel. Now that this will no longer be the case, I hope they can improve the quality of the stream, and transition some of the AJAM content to the digital format, much in the same way that RT America has some programs that are exclusive to their US channel (which fortunately is available in decent quality to us cord cutters)
(2016-02-24, 02:50)Nostrodamus Wrote: The international AJ English stream in the existing add on is usually watcahble, but it's technically "not available" in the US because they were trying to sell the cable channel. Now that this will no longer be the case, I hope they can improve the quality of the stream, and transition some of the AJAM content to the digital format,

They have already done that. If you type in Aljazeera.com, by default it takes you to "http://america.aljazeera.com/?utm_source=aje&utm_medium=redirect" american version. But then at the top right hand corner of the site, there is a link 'Visit Al Jazeera English' which takes you to their international website. You can watch any of their programs on demand

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating Official Al Jazeera Add on0