Skin switching to default settings after "Force Stop"-Fire TV
Hi all,

I'm brand new to this forum, so please excuse me if I'm posting in the wrong place. I am using Aeon Nox, and when I "force stop" my device, all of the custom settings (except the horizontal position of the menu) are reset.

I set up my second Fire TV today with restore that I saved my first Fire TV. I thought it would save the settings, but it looks like it just saved the addons (none of the menus, widgets, etc. were transferred in the restore). I figured that it was ok, and I would just format everything again. My screen ended up freezing part of the way through, so I went to the external menu and selected "force stop." When I went back into Kodi, all the Aeon Nox settings had reverted to default. I wanted to make sure it wasn't a fluke, so I made a minor change, exited, and force stopped again. Again, it reverted. I then unplugged my device, plugged it back in, and tried again. The problem didn't go away.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
If you are on Jarvis, then settings are not written / saved until you correctly close Kodi, force stop is just killing the process and as such no changes to settings would have been written.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Has anyone found a solution to this. I am trying to restore my personalised settings to another fire stick. As soon as the fire stick reboots a message comes up at the top within 5 seconds saying writing skin menus and the skin goes back to default. Everything is still available but the submenus and backgrounds are lost immediately.
(2016-05-02, 01:00)Mhla200 Wrote: Has anyone found a solution to this. I am trying to restore my personalised settings to another fire stick. As soon as the fire stick reboots a message comes up at the top within 5 seconds saying writing skin menus and the skin goes back to default. Everything is still available but the submenus and backgrounds are lost immediately.

Solution was mentioned... Do not force quit, instead let Kodi exit gracefully Wink
i have the same problem...i made a greek build for my friends living abroad....if my friends install the build in windows the build works perfectly but on their android box the skin switch to default also the folder of skin.aeon.nox.5 is missing on userdata/addons_data...any solutions?i did the settings for universal build that i saw in videos!!!
please help.
in android
https://goo.gl/pOzZpI https://goo.gl/7vKEuS

my normal build

https://goo.gl/8QgQlY https://goo.gl/QxvZAQ https://goo.gl/larPZ8
So you made something and offered it to your friends but then you expect others to do the work and research so they can tell you the solution...

Feeling cynical seeing where things are headed Sad

I can only hope my time on this Earth is short. I do drink a lot so maybe cirrhosis will take me Nod
(2016-05-02, 08:41)mikesilvo164 Wrote: So you made something and offered it to your friends but then you expect others to do the work and research so they can tell you the solution...

Feeling cynical seeing where things are headed Sad

I can only hope my time on this Earth is short. I do drink a lot so maybe cirrhosis will take me Nod

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh i didnt ask someone to do the job.....asking to guide me someone how to fix it!!!!this mean community....but you know already that you are not made for this world!!!!!
do us a favour and take you and your build and just go, we are tired of people with 'builds' asking for help with their crappy banned add-ons! Do you even realize that windows and android are 2 completely different OS's and more than likely your crappy build is the problem nothing else! Go watch some more crappy videos for your solution.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-05-02, 01:00)Mhla200 Wrote: Has anyone found a solution to this. I am trying to restore my personalised settings to another fire stick. As soon as the fire stick reboots a message comes up at the top within 5 seconds saying writing skin menus and the skin goes back to default. Everything is still available but the submenus and backgrounds are lost immediately.

try to change the paths to special://home/
(2016-05-02, 18:13)Mike_Doc Wrote: do us a favour and take you and your build and just go, we are tired of people with 'builds' asking for help with their crappy banned add-ons! Do you even realize that windows and android are 2 completely different OS's and more than likely your crappy build is the problem nothing else! Go watch some more crappy videos for your solution.

yes my build it was a crappy one...but your language is too polite!!!!and if you dont have an answer dont post!!!!simple like that....i will find the solution btw....but have vacation for somewhile because propably you are losing it!!!!
Where do you change the path to special? i cant seem to find it on the guisettings.xml file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin switching to default settings after "Force Stop"-Fire TV0