Win TV Shows suddenly missing (Jarvis 16.0)
Suddenly, after adding a few TV shows with several seasons each I can no longer access the episodes through "TV Shows". All TV shows are showing (even the watched ones even though filtered out) but the containers are empty. I can still find all episodes through "Videos/Files".

After doing some "set content" changes on some folder and then an "update library" I got episode 6 and 7 of some show to appear. Episode 7 appeared as "shown" (with a mark) even though both 6 and 7 (but not 8) are shown episodes.

Can I have done some strange setting perhaps or does this seem to be a bug?

The TV shows are stored on a Synology NAS.
Hide watched enabled?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_navigation
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
(2016-02-27, 23:46)Yeshim Wrote: All TV shows are showing (even the watched ones even though filtered out) but the containers are empty.

The result is the same whether Hide watched is checked or not.
Debug log time...

When did you last see it working, and what has changed on that computer since? Any new add-ons?
(2016-02-28, 11:33)Yeshim Wrote:
(2016-02-27, 23:46)Yeshim Wrote: All TV shows are showing (even the watched ones even though filtered out) but the containers are empty.

The result is the same whether Hide watched is checked or not.

Glad you came back with a smart ass reply, when asking for help. Filtered has not the same meaning as hide watched depending on skin, and other things.

And because
Quote:After doing some "set content" changes on some folder and then an "update library" I got episode 6 and 7 of some show to appear. Episode 7 appeared as "shown" (with a mark) even though both 6 and 7 (but not 8) are shown episodes.

Made so much sense, I must have been baffled from remembering the preceding paragraph.

As mentioned above, post a full debug log. You didn't bother with following http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=42708 so apologies for bothering you.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
(2016-02-28, 17:08)BatterPudding Wrote: Any new add-ons?

Yes, Super Favorites and Random Movie.

I think It stopped working after adding four or five TV shows with around 23 seasons in total. I am not sure it stopped working right away.

I will defeat the Bystander Effect and learn how to post proper logs :-)
Heart 
Redwingsfansfc wrote:
Quote:Glad you came back with a smart ass reply, when asking for help.

Sorry about that. I hope you can forgive me.

Now I have finally removed my thumbs and created and uploaded a bug report:

Ticket

BR Yeshim
Taking all the file names out has made it harder to make sense of what is going on.

Why are you series stored as RAR files? That won't same much on file space, but adds overheads.

13:55:58 T:7636 DEBUG: CThumbExtractor:Big GrinoWork - trying to extract filestream details from video file rar://Z%3a%5cMedia%5cTV%5cTV%20Series%5c*CENSORED*.mkv

What is that Watchdog service watching? Could it be getting in the way? temporarily disable it.

13:55:58 T:6484 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(2, C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.watchdog\service.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "service.watchdog" dependent on version 2.14.0 of the xbmc.python api

The watchdog is also looking into folders that don't exist
13:56:00 T:6484 DEBUG: [service.watchdog] not watching <G:\Classic Movies\>. does not exist

Actually... I give up. You have censored too much in that log so it is hard to tell what is going on.

Pick an example show that doesn't work, and let us see that show. Full file names. You don't get told off for the files you have on your computer, or what you may have chosen to call them. The rules round here are about not asking about dodgy add-on support. So you are safe to reveal the file names.

From the way this is setup I guess you have KODI indexing a torrent seed folder. If you need to keep seeding, then I strongly advise you buy a new hard disk or two so you can unpack your videos to the hard disk. Just makes life simpler all round.
re: watchdog service... I see what this is now. ( http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Library_watchdog http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=128896)

I would turn off the automatic scanning for a while and do this manually. Lets you see closer as to where the issues lie.
One of the best reasons why I changed from a long forgotten video player to XBMC was the ability to play rar:ed video files. Btw, one of the coolest things was/is that you can download a video while watching it. It has worked fine not to unpack for many years now and I like to use Kodi that way.

WatchDog is now disabled.

<G:\Classic Movies\> was just something I had on a USB hard drive. It is mostly unplugged.

Again, I don´t understand your advice about unpacking. Do you mean that Kodi does unpacking in real-time and that it requires extra hard disk space if watching rar:ed videos?

Btw, what about the "likely corrupt" message?

Quote:14:00:22 T:7636 WARNING: XFILE::CRarDirectory::GetDirectory: rar lib returned no files in archive Z:\Media\TV\TV Series\*CENSORED*\*CENSORED*\*CENSORED*\*CENSORED*.rar, likely corrupt

14:00:22 T:7636 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting rar://Z%3a%5cMedia%5cTV%5cTV%20Series%5c*CENSORED*.rar/

14:00:22 T:7636 WARNING: XFILE::CRarDirectory::GetDirectory: rar lib returned no files in archive Z:\Media\TV\TV Series\*CENSORED*\*CENSORED*\*CENSORED*\*CENSORED*.rar, likely corrupt

14:00:22 T:7636 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting rar://Z%3a%5cMedia%5cTV%5cTV%20Series%5c*CENSORED*.rar/

14:00:22 T:7636 WARNING: XFILE::CRarDirectory::GetDirectory: rar lib returned no files in archive Z:\Media\TV\TV Series\*CENSORED*\*CENSORED*\*CENSORED*\*CENSORED*.rar, likely corrupt

I´ll see if I can make another attachment to the bug report.
All those "likely corrupt" messages are telling you that KODI cannot read those RAR files. So every time you see a "likely corrupt" you need to go to that show and see if you can open the RAR file with 7-zip or Winrar. It could be a corrupted download. Or plain broken RAR. Very likely the core of your troubles...

I do not know how KODI handles RAR. So if it used to work for you, then keep going with it. It is just me personally. Once you have downloading your shows, I would fully unpack them. Get rid of the RAR wrappers. The only logical reason to keep the RAR wrappers is if you are continuing to seed these shows.

I also turn on my thumbnails for videos in the OS file system. That can sometimes give you a quick visual check as to how knackered the video file is. A corrupted download often doesn't let a thumbnail form. Trouble is, a corrupted or incomplete RAR still looks like a RAR. RARs can hide all kinds of problems.

From the basic knowledge I have, KODi does need to unpack the RARs to play them back. So they are in a cache somewhere on the PC I think. But playback doesn't seem to be your problem. The problem is in the scraping and indexing
Hey BatterPudding! I deleted the whole library information and downloaded it again and now it works again.
The only thing I can come up with is that there is an extra season to the three seasons of Spartacus - Blood and Sand, namely The Goods of the Arena. The TV database scraper can´t recognize it an it was wrong to have that season in the same directory as the other three. The Movie database scraper however could recognize it.

I guess I let the ticket be left unchanged because my solution is an emergency one, or?
Yeshim,

If you name your Spartacus episodes/seasons as shown here on the TVDB it all works just fine, everything scraped as TV shows.

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=129261&lid=7
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
I can't really comment on Ticket etiquette as I just hang out in the forum. Usually just working on debug logs attached as links here. It would seem logical to at least post how you fixed your issued and a link back to this thread.

With Scraper issues I will normally follow through errors manually. Sometimes a tweak to how a show is named is enough. I often find the American bias to thetvdb.com a bit of a pain and often have to add a year to a folder name or something to get the scraper to ID things correctly.

I am also careful to keep my TV Shows and Films in totally separate directories trees. This means only one scraper or the other will ever look at it.

For those rare shows where I can't get any recognition, I then manually write a small NFO file.

With Spartacus I would have thought that series will start working fine once you tweak the file names. Though looking at thetvdb.com there is clearly something odd. Search for Spartacus and it leads you to the three series of the show. Search for "gods of the arena" and you get a different result shown, but it then links to the wrong series. This may be something to take to their forum as they may have explained why this was done there.

A problem I find with RARs is that shows are not always cleanly named. Again a reason I unpack and tidy up.

Spartacus \ Season 01 \ Spartacus s01e01 - The red Serpent.mkv

And so on....

Or if leaving all the SCENE codes in there, then I sometimes find cleaning up the start of the filename is enough. (Especially as some of those scene tags are used by KODI to spot how a video was ripped and where from)
Errr... as expected. This is one of thoser Series where no one can agree what is in the show and what isn't. The Gods of the Arena series is actually Specials that needs to be slotted between series 1 and 2.

Go and read the debate....

https://forums.thetvdb.com/search.php?ke...=spartacus

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php...cus#p78114

You will find a few series can kick off into arguments like that.

So you need to number your Gods of Arena series as Spartacus s00e01 etc. It is classed as a "special" in thetvdb.com world as they are attempting to follow the original shows wishes. (See the threads on their forum)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows suddenly missing (Jarvis 16.0)0