Null tuning space - Channel works fine in Windows Media Center and HDHR View
For one channel only (CBS in Philadelphia), I have an issue with tuning this via Kodi/ServerWMC. It won't tune the channel or show the guide information.

However, Windows Media Center will tune the channel and show guide data without issue.

In Kodi I get the following error "Channel content is protected"
In ServerWMC logs, I see "null tuning space"

I use an HDHomeRun, which also displays channel 3.1 without issue in the VIEW application. I use an Over The Air flatwave antenna.

I'm not positive, but I believe this may have started happening after an update to the HDHomeRun firmware, or to ServerWMC. I couldn't tell you what version of ServerWMC I was using before. I believe I had to upgrade because the PVR add-on wasn't compatible with the ServerWMC version I was using.

Any idea what I can do?
This has come up before, IIRC the fix is to go into wmc and edit the channel list. I think you will see two channel 3.1's, one of them will be marked 'internet', disable this one Then save the channel list and restart serverwmc.

If that's not the problem, then post your serverwmc log on pastebin.com and put a link to it here.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2016-03-02, 20:07)krustyreturns Wrote: This has come up before, IIRC the fix is to go into wmc and edit the channel list. I think you will see two channel 3.1's, one of them will be marked 'internet', disable this one Then save the channel list and restart serverwmc.

If that's not the problem, then post your serverwmc log on pastebin.com and put a link to it here.

Perfect! Thanks so much.

It said "Drama-Internet TV". I tried to assign it to another sub-channel like 3.3, but it didn't give me that ability, so I just unchecked it. I guess I could have assigned it another # altogether. Kinda curious about what it is.

I had ServerWMC shut down already but I assume I could have just hit "Reload Channels from WMC..." if it were still running while I made this change in WMC.
Pretty sure its just left over when when wmc had an 'internet tv' feature.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2016-03-02, 20:07)krustyreturns Wrote: This has come up before, IIRC the fix is to go into wmc and edit the channel list. I think you will see two channel 3.1's, one of them will be marked 'internet', disable this one Then save the channel list and restart serverwmc.

Holy moly!! I signed up for an account just to say thank you! I still don't have guide info on this channel, but at least it's working. You know what's interesting, I tried this with both cable using a Ceton Infinitv, and with an antenna tuner. Both had the same problem with CBS. You're a genius! Thanks again

Edit: I spoke too soon, guide info is in. This is awesome

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Null tuning space - Channel works fine in Windows Media Center and HDHR View0