v16 Updated to Jarvis, can't activate live TV?
Bug 
Hi,

this is my first post here so i'll try to make it acceptable...

Okay, so im new to Kodi in general, I started having fun with it 2weeks ago, I got the Kodibuntu iso (14.x) and installed that on my amd x64 laptop...

Then I noticed Jarvis came out, so I boot into desktop mode, to the update, boot Jarvis.

Sweet, new version, but now I can't enable live tv , when I try to I get the classic no pvr/addon popup but when I click OK it just goes back to the live tv tab,
no selection of addon possible. So I can't activate live tv no matter what I tried:

-stock skin
-uninstalled all the addons I had

Its all I came up with and still no results, Im a mechanic so this linux based kodi TV is somewhat confusing to me when I have to diagnose stuff like that...

If you have any suggestion please let me know it would be greatly appreciated !
You will need to install/update the Kodi PVR addons from a terminal.

Please refer to the following Kodi Wiki page:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Ubuntu_PVR_add-ons

Before you install/update the PVR addons in a terminal window, type in the following and press <ENTER>:

Code:
sudo apt-get update

Then install the relevant PVR addon depending on which PVR backend you are using:

Code:
sudo apt-get install PACKAGENAMEHERE

where PACKAGENAMEHERE is the relevent PVR frontend.

Have a read of the Kodi Wiki page for the details.
Okay,

I did this, it installed the PVR addon I wanted, so thats awesome thanks.
I went ahead and enabled it,
but I still don't have the TV tab on my menu, but under setting I see the addon was installed, is up to date and is ''running''...
I tried different stuff but no luck so far...

Thanks you for your support and quick answer, Im one step closer to watching races again!
What PVR backend are you using?

You need to configure your PVR frontend addon to connect
with the PVR backend.

Navigate to the PVR addon settings (I have written the instructions for the Confluence skin):

System --> Settings --> Addons --> My addons

and navigate to the PVR client addons.

Find your addon and go into its configuration pages.

I am not sure which backend you are using, but usually
you will need to fill in the following fields:

- Username of the user account of the backend.
- Password of the user account on the backend
- IP address of the backend server

Notes on the IP address:
- If the computer you are using is the same computer you
are using as your backend server, use the IP address
- If the backend server is on a different computer on your
network type its IP Address in this field.

Save the settings in the addon configuration page by pressing the OK or Save buttons.

Try enabling the Kodi TV setting now.

Note: If Kodi tries to scan for PVR/TV services on your network, cancel it and
do not use the IP address it finds. This feature of Kodi does not work properly (at least for me anyway).

I hope these steps will get your live TV PVR working.
The ip was okay, I double checked the username but that was good aswell, in the end I gave up, closed everything.

I came back from work, though ''oh what the hell'' , went to open kodi. TV icon was there, everything worked...

What.

Thanks, I really appreciate the answers!
You are welcome.

Sometimes a good old reboot does the trick.
Just wanted to note my own, similar experience: I had things working great at v15, and then Ubuntu upgraded me to v16. After that, my PVR plugin stopped working, and Kodi was throwing the "No PVR Add-on Found" popup.

I resolved it by uninstalling the `kodi-pvr-mythtv-isengard` package, and then installing the `kodi-pvr-mythtv` package. Rebooted, then was able to open Kodi, go to settings, and re-enable Live TV - and immediately it started working as expected.

Thanks J876, I definitely would NOT have considered that idea: that I needed to uninstall/reinstall the PVR package via my package manager.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updated to Jarvis, can't activate live TV?0