• 57(current)
Release MLB.TV®
(2017-04-21, 22:34)WHamilton Wrote: ok delete cookie file in "userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.mlbtv"

and works again.

Thanks. This worked for me.
(2017-04-22, 23:49)matty8199 Wrote: not necessarily just akamai (re: buffering issues). i solved mine by setting it to level 3...depends where you are, i guess. i've been having buffering issues today though, after it was flawless for the past week...trying it on akamai now to see if that helps. so far, so good...

i asked this before and didn't get a response so i'll throw it out there again: would it be possible to get an 'always ask' setting for CDN similar to what we already have for bitrate?

Watched the Red Sox game last night on CDN Akamai at 5,000Kbps and zero issues. Tonight it's out of control buffering. Switched to Level 3 no better. Went back to Akamai and lowered to 3,500Kbps and no better. This is the worst I've seen it this year. Finally gave up and switched to the MLB.TV app and no issues for 3 plus innings. Really want to watch in Kodi for the 60FPS but having too many issues lately
(2017-04-23, 02:18)art5 Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 02:04)hhqjdaasc Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 01:33)art5 Wrote: Please, where can I find the CDN option? Mine seems to not have it in settings.

Edit: Mine isn't working, as some people said. But I read author's post, so waiting patiently.

I think that the CDN option was added in rev 2017.4.6; current version is 2017.4.12. The CDN option should be on the same page as where you set the bandwidth.

My version is 2017.4.2
I'm running Libreelec 8.0.1
I installed mlb.tv addon from kodi official repository
Am I doing something wrong?
No CDN for me.

Try installing this version of the add-on:
https://github.com/eracknaphobia/repo.er...7.4.12.zip
(2017-04-23, 02:42)hhqjdaasc Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 02:18)art5 Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 02:04)hhqjdaasc Wrote: I think that the CDN option was added in rev 2017.4.6; current version is 2017.4.12. The CDN option should be on the same page as where you set the bandwidth.

My version is 2017.4.2
No CDN for me.

Will download it, but just to clarify: is there a way to install it from "eracknaphobia github repo"? Adding this source in Kodi?
(2017-04-23, 03:03)art5 Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 02:42)hhqjdaasc Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 02:18)art5 Wrote: My version is 2017.4.2
No CDN for me.

Will download it, but just to clarify: is there a way to install it from "eracknaphobia github repo"? Adding this source in Kodi?

Don't know, I'm not the developer. But if you download that file and then in Kodi go to "System" "Add-Ons" "Install from zip file" then you should be up to date.
(2017-04-23, 02:33)SoxFAN Wrote:
(2017-04-22, 23:49)matty8199 Wrote: not necessarily just akamai (re: buffering issues). i solved mine by setting it to level 3...depends where you are, i guess. i've been having buffering issues today though, after it was flawless for the past week...trying it on akamai now to see if that helps. so far, so good...

i asked this before and didn't get a response so i'll throw it out there again: would it be possible to get an 'always ask' setting for CDN similar to what we already have for bitrate?

Watched the Red Sox game last night on CDN Akamai at 5,000Kbps and zero issues. Tonight it's out of control buffering. Switched to Level 3 no better. Went back to Akamai and lowered to 3,500Kbps and no better. This is the worst I've seen it this year. Finally gave up and switched to the MLB.TV app and no issues for 3 plus innings. Really want to watch in Kodi for the 60FPS but having too many issues lately

i think it just varies based on where you're at and what game you're trying to watch. mine has been absolutely flawless all week since i got back from australia, with the CDN locked to level 3. i mean not one single buffering issue all week...this afternoon while watching mets/nats, i had a few brief moments of buffering (nothing to make it unwatchable, but enough that i noticed). i switched to akamai, and again it was flawless for the rest of the game. watching dodgers/dbacks now on level 3 (only connected for a few minutes FWIW), and it is flawless again on level 3.

who knows...
(2017-04-23, 04:51)matty8199 Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 02:33)SoxFAN Wrote:

i think it just varies based on where you're at and what game you're trying to watch. mine has been absolutely flawless all week since i got back from australia, with the CDN locked to level 3. i mean not one single buffering issue all week...this afternoon while watching mets/nats, i had a few brief moments of buffering (nothing to make it unwatchable, but enough that i noticed). i switched to akamai, and again it was flawless for the rest of the game. watching dodgers/dbacks now on level 3 (only connected for a few minutes FWIW), and it is flawless again on level 3.

who knows...

I ran into problems with the above mentioned Red Sox game today too but not until the 7th inning. Before that it was flawless with the Akamai CDN; got through the rest of the game with the Level 3 CDN and I don't think that it buffered at all. Pretty much the same thing happened the day before when watchng the BoSox. In my time zone the 7th or 8th inning of an east coast game is probably around when my ISP starts to be more heavily burdened, so maybe that's part of it.
(2017-04-23, 01:40)hhqjdaasc Wrote:
(2017-04-22, 23:17)bkrieger Wrote: I'm confused with your latest release notes. I am running Kodi 17.
Your notes say the latest version on your repo is for Jarvis 16 and the version in the official Kodi Repo is for Kodi 17. I see the CDN settings in the version in your repo, but I do not see the CDN settings in the version in the official Kodi repo. Is this correct and which version should I be using?

Thanks

Rev 2017.4.12.is the one that you want; should run on either version of Kodi.

Thanks. That's the version I have. I just wasn't sure with the wording of the last update with 2 versions, one in erack's repo and the other in the official Kodi repo.
(2017-04-23, 03:11)hhqjdaasc Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 03:03)art5 Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 02:42)hhqjdaasc Wrote: Try installing this version of the add-on:

Don't know, I'm not the developer. But if you download that file and then in Kodi go to "System" "Add-Ons" "Install from zip file" then you should be up to date.

I did.
All is good now, at least yesterday's games.
(2017-04-22, 17:50)Jamesharr Wrote: Fuck you dixon bitch

Your vocabulary is as good as your punctionation. Rofl
You should have stayed in school. You would be able get a job. Nod
(2017-04-23, 14:20)art5 Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 03:11)hhqjdaasc Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 03:03)art5 Wrote: Will download it, but just to clarify: is there a way to install it from "eracknaphobia github repo"? Adding this source in Kodi?

I did.
All is good now, at least yesterday's games.

No live stream.
(2017-04-23, 02:25)adamkaz Wrote:
(2017-04-21, 22:34)WHamilton Wrote: ok delete cookie file in "userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.mlbtv"

and works again.

Thanks. This worked for me.

Same. Fixed login problem. Reinstall won't do it.
FYI, Running Logout from the addon settings will remove this file as well.
So, MLB.TV was working great for me last season (Thanks, by the way!), but this season, I've been almost completely unable to even launch a game, and the few that have successfully launched have stalled due to buffering issues.

I'm running Kodi 17.1 on a Windows 10 Intel NUC. I have a gigabit connection, which I've used with both ethernet at 802.11ac wifi, and neither has made a difference, so I'm fairly confident the issue isn't my connection (especially since it's been streaming fine through Chrome or on my PS4). I've tried different video qualities and CDNs in the settings, as well, to no avail. I also just tried uninstalling and reinstalling the addon.

Here's a Pastebin link of a logfile of a recent failed attempt to stream a Yankees/Red Sox game: https://pastebin.com/LJCmLyeu

Any ideas as to what the problem is? Any help is appreciated.
And it's completely dead now. Had choppy performance even this afternoon during non peak hours with Akamai. Level 3 was completely unwatchable.
Akamai now just completely died for several minutes.. Is it not a bandwidth issue anymore? Peak hours actually seem better than non recently.
I always pay with Payal and will probably apply for a full refund at some point, as I did successfully last year.
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MLB.TV®2