• 5(current)
[Release] Meta video search addon
This thread is NOT in danger of being binned, and that would only happen if it starts promoting piracy. But users, please be aware that posting logs showing banned/illegal addons will get your post binned, as will questions about how to use this addon with banned/illegal addons.

That's it, please carry on, this addon seems very useful and I will be trying it out soon.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes I saw it offers metadata, but it also offers a play option which when I tried it just sat there, which looks suspiciously like a slow or crappy server trying to provide something. Hence why I asked for the clarification, as obviously it's difficult to tell in such a case what should be happening.

As for the other point, is it standard stance concerning expandable add-ons like this. But again as I already said if a case can be made for this add-on being different then it can be treated as such. So far as I said I'm leaning towards allowing it on the requested trial basis, but it needs to be discussed with the other mods first. That will take a little time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-03-14, 21:15)DarrenHill Wrote: As I couldn't open the streams to check them, it appeared to be offering in theatre movies.

But if it's trailers then that's fine. This was the justification I was looking for.

No offence, but I'm slightly surprised to see this from a moderator. The original post is incredibly clear about the function of this add-on...

Quote:Meta is an addon that lists media from The Movie Database and TheTVDB. Upon media selection, Meta search through your local library, configured folders and configured addons and displays a selection dialog to allow the user select which source to use for media playback.

...and that requests for meta players that handle illegal add-ons will not be supported or tolerated:

Quote:Respect copyright laws. Meta is completely legal and provides no links at all. It only re-arranges the content of your other, already installed, addons. Do not ask for help related to any addon that may provide illegal content.
It "provides no links", but offers a play stream option. That for me is a link.

That was what made me ask for the clarification, especially given some of the included movies and shows. As I've now repeatedly said, the clarification given is entirely satisfactory and answers that point fully. I'm also happy with the add-on thread being here, as evidenced by the fact that it still is.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
This is a super cool addon!!

I would love to see trakt integration. I don't mean for scrobbling. I mean for showing my trakt collection. So when you open Meta you could have two new sections.

My Movie Collection
My TV Show Collection

These would be based on my trakt collections. Then this could be setup as a emulated library.

Thoughts?

Really cool stuff!
@DarrenHill You really have a disturbing view on what is or isn't allowed via plugins... I think maybe you should retire from monitoring plugin threads and stick to general discussion?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2016-03-15, 00:36)Lunatixz Wrote: @DarrenHill You really have a disturbing view on what is or isn't allowed via plugins... I think maybe you should retire from monitoring plugin threads and stick to general discussion?

+1
*Please* keep this thread clean.

- Trakt integration will be added in the future (would work on it as soon as the developer of the excellent trakt.py library finish implementing the device login feature). Though to be honest I'm not a trakt user so if you could list all the functionality you want me to add it would be great. So far I understand there is a need for my collections and my calendar. Anything else?

- I will change library folders to use names instead of numbers. Please open an issue on github so I won't forget it.
for trakt integration i'd like to see collections,calendar,lists and watchlists
(2016-03-15, 02:32)midraal Wrote: for trakt integration i'd like to see collections,calendar,lists and watchlists

+ the ability to import these into the kodi's native library.
Smile
When I first installed meta, it asked me if I wanted it to automatically add its library locations to the kodi library. I clicked yes and items showed up in the library. However when I went to check videos > files, there was no meta tv shows/movies folder in there. Anticipating that I might have to remove and re-add items meta libary items during bug testing, I added the meta movies and tv shows locations manually. This of course led to double library entries. The only solution was either to remove the manually created folders (which would mean losing the ability to change content type to unassign/re-assign) or to delete the MyVideos99.db file. I opted for the later and then re-added the meta library folders manually.

Anyone else have the same issue?
A restart of kodi is needed in order to show the automatically added sources in videos > files. I still haven't figured out a way around it. I should have added a warning in the dialog that asks about it. Thanks for the report.

EDIT: thinking about it, I should probably remove this option altogether and let users always add the folders manually. Although I used a confirmation dialog, the current approach is a bit invasive.
כבוד Laugh
The possibilities of meta are endless. I know you've only just started developing this, but here's an idea that struck me last night. Excuse any ignorance due to the fact that i've never written a line of code in my life.

Meta PVR / Meta LIVE

- A PVR live TV guide (borrowing from FTV guide etc) where launching a channel triggers a meta search of live TV video add-ons.
- Same principle as meta where players can be written for each video add-on
- Not sure how channel matching would be done. By name? I think most live tv video add-ons list channels with correct name?
- Additional idea: Upon opening Meta Live, it begins building cached meta results for all enabled channels sequentially in the background in order to enable speedy channel switching. Priority given to any user selected channel in the cacheing queue. Would possibily need some way of preventing CPU overload (perhaps the cacheing could be paused while navigating channels, and resumed during playback)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Meta video search addon3