v15 Kodi hanged on startup screen
Need for help!!!

We're trying run kodi inside a raspbian container, but it hangs on the same screen every time.
B.T.W., we can run kodi outside the container normally on the same rpi2 device.

here is the log of one startup.
You might want to explain what you mean by a container.
The obvious thing from the log:
Code:
GPU mem: 64MB
is not enough - 128M is a minimum and 256M is recommended for Pi2.
(2016-03-07, 14:04)popcornmix Wrote: You might want to explain what you mean by a container.
The obvious thing from the log:
Code:
GPU mem: 64MB
is not enough - 128M is a minimum and 256M is recommended for Pi2.

We are trying to build a docker container which run kodi inside.

Before trying to give the container more memory,
we run kodi outside the container and get this log.
In this test, we can start kodi normally with GPU mem is also set to 64MB.
Any idea?

ps. we uploaded a image showing the frozen screen.
I also work on dockerizing kodi and I faced same problem. Have you solved that issue @pcpark?
64M won't be enough.

Pretty sure you'd have to make sure a lot of /dev nodes like vcsm, vchiq can be accessed by the container.
When I had GPU mem set to 64MB kodi in docker container hanged before loading any menus and kodi outside docker container hanged after loading menus, so I have changed GPU memory to 128MB.
After that, kodi outside docker works perfectly. In docker container kodi still hang but there is a little progress - I can see transparent menu, it looks like it is almost loaded. Changing mem to 256MB doesn't solve the problem.

When it comes to /dev - yes, I have mapped almost every /dev/vc* device to docker container (using docker run --device ... ). I have even tried map whole /dev using -v /dev:/dev. None of these solves the issue.
I think there is still something that needs to be mapped to docker container but I have no idea what. That's why I ask if anyone successfully run kodi in docker container (still seems doable!).

I think worth of noticing is that before starting kodi in docker container I run

Code:
ln -s /opt/vc/lib/* /usr/lib/

/opt/vc/lib is mapped from host.
(2016-07-27, 10:21)paw.skow Wrote: When it comes to /dev - yes, I have mapped almost every /dev/vc* device to docker container (using docker run --device ... ). I have even tried map whole /dev using -v /dev:/dev. None of these solves the issue.
I think there is still something that needs to be mapped to docker container but I have no idea what. That's why I ask if anyone successfully run kodi in docker container (still seems doable!).

strace may help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi hanged on startup screen0