OS X Kodi crashes when accessing series via SMB but not with Movies
Mac OS X 10.11.3
on a Mac mini server
Kodi 16.1.RC1
Network connection to a Synology NAS

Everything was working fine with my Kodi 16.0 until I had to replace the disks on my Synology. I replaced one by one each disk from my RAID 5 so I didn't had any change on my disk. Unfortunately, when I tried to use Kodi, the TV series were not available. I removed the source, created again using SMB but it doesn't creates entry in the TV Shows list. I have changed TVDB to XEM without success. I I try to access the files directly through the Kodi file access, when I use my SMB source and go to one of the serie's subdirectory, it crashes. If I create a source to access this directory using DLNA / upnp, it works although It still don't creates list of series in Kodi. I have a source that accesses a Movie folder in SMB and it works perfectly (same server). Also, when I try to install updates for some add-ons, it also crashes Kodi.

I'll be glad to receive some help to debug and fix this.

The logs are available here: http://xbmclogs.com/p1kt1vwdu

Thank you.
You are using a central mysql database correct ? In line 664 of the log its mentioned that the videodatabase is misformed. So my guess is that the database has to be recreated from scratch.

its not uncommon for old mysql database entries to prevent the same content to be rescanned, according to the database these files are still there. You could do some manual reviewing and editing in the database, inspect the results for one tv-show, completely remove all the entries for this show, and rescan to see if the series is added correctly.
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes when accessing series via SMB but not with Movies0