• 7(current)
Broken Discovery Channels - Matrix version 2021.10.08 available
(2016-09-27, 21:39)janthan Wrote: Installed the plugin in Openelec 6.0.3 (raspberry pi 2)

while installing, it came with an error message stating "Fail to install the dependency"

I don't know if this could be due to region block

http://pastebin.com/iL9zHJyi

In this log, it looks as though your system has a corrupt SQL database. I've seen this addressed in another thread, but can't remember which one though. A search of the forums should be helpful.

(2016-09-27, 21:39)janthan Wrote: I have also tried on windows 7 64bit kodi 16.1

the same plug-in file installed perfectly fine on laptop and loaded up, but when I clicked on video(s) within the channel, it came up with an error message of 'one or more item fail to play, check the log file.

http://pastebin.com/dXft0Bex

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

In this instance, I would guess the error is due to the region blocking. Since you did not post a complete log, it's impossible to tell if something else is going on though.
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Attempting to use version 3.1.9, while loading "Velocity". The initial links displays, but when I click "Velocity Video Clips Sorted by Show", I receive an error about incorrect index for line 308.

Starting the script in a debugger, I see that "http://www.velocity.com/videos" is returning a "null page" (i.e. there is no page with that URL).

Looks like the site may have changed again.

Looks like all the full episodes have moved to "www.velocitychannelgo.com/<show name>/<episode name>"
One other think I have found. Canada has their own "site" (http://www.discoveryvelocity.ca).
(2016-10-01, 02:55)lschapker Wrote: Attempting to use version 3.1.9, while loading "Velocity". The initial links displays, but when I click "Velocity Video Clips Sorted by Show", I receive an error about incorrect index for line 308.

Starting the script in a debugger, I see that "http://www.velocity.com/videos" is returning a "null page" (i.e. there is no page with that URL).

Looks like the site may have changed again.

Yep, they're moving stuff around again. Dammit, I wish they'd stop doing that. Wink

They're doing something a bit different with the video clips (for Velocity only so far) and I haven't been able to figure it out quite yet. I'm working on this though, and hopefully I'll have an epiphany in the near future.

(2016-10-01, 02:55)lschapker Wrote: Looks like all the full episodes have moved to "www.velocitychannelgo.com/<show name>/<episode name>"

They've always been there, but it'd be a pain in the arse to list all the shows, and then have to click on a title to scrape the show page only to find out that show doesn't have any unlocked episodes. Besides that, they've only recently started to unlock episodes from the 'lesser' channels. Fortunately, there's an easier way to find them - at least for now.

Download the latest version which has been updated to get the unlocked episodes from AHC, Velocity, Destination America, and Discovery Life, as well as the 'big four' Discovery channels.

EDIT: Download the latest version from my post below or from the first post in this thread.
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2016-10-02, 05:48)MetalChris Wrote:
(2016-10-01, 02:55)lschapker Wrote: Attempting to use version 3.1.9, while loading "Velocity". The initial links displays, but when I click "Velocity Video Clips Sorted by Show", I receive an error about incorrect index for line 308.

They're doing something a bit different with the video clips (for Velocity only so far) and I haven't been able to figure it out quite yet. I'm working on this though, and hopefully I'll have an epiphany in the near future.

After taking a short break from this, and sleeping on it, I believe I now have this worked out. Video clips for the various Velocity channel shows should be working again. Please download the latest version.

Discovery Channels - v 3.2.1

As always, if you have any issues with the add-on, please post a log (wiki).
Hi!

for the most part the clips work but how do i watch a whole show?
(2016-10-27, 15:34)crashedup Wrote: Hi!

for the most part the clips work but how do i watch a whole show?

Are you in the United States? Full episodes are region-blocked.
Hello - thanks for the development of this plug-in, works like a charm for the short clips and limited unlocked shows. However, for those of us who also have login credentials to view all episodes, is there a way to incorporate that login feature in the python script (for example)? Would like to view the full episodes via Kodi rather than through AirPlay or the web interface.

TIA.
(2016-12-02, 03:42)hotrodhemi Wrote: Hello - thanks for the development of this plug-in, works like a charm for the short clips and limited unlocked shows. However, for those of us who also have login credentials to view all episodes, is there a way to incorporate that login feature in the python script (for example)? Would like to view the full episodes via Kodi rather than through AirPlay or the web interface.

TIA.

Yes, this can be done, and I have from time to time thought about doing so, however there are reasons I have not (yet) done this:

As a cordcutter, I do not have the required credentials to access the locked episodes, so instead I focus on making add-ons that offer free (and legal) content without any type of paid cable or satellite subscripton credentials required.

In cases such as yours, and as a general workaround, you might try using the Chrome Launcher add-on to access and log in to the Discovery website through Kodi. It would not be quite as smooth as accessing the content through this add-on, but it would allow you to view the locked content from within Kodi, and without the need for AirPlay.
Not working for me with Kodi Krypton, fine with Kodi Jarvis/SPMC.

Debug Log
(2017-02-17, 15:05)Eye in the sky Wrote: Not working for me with Kodi Krypton, fine with Kodi Jarvis/SPMC.

Debug Log

Working fine for me, but I'm in the US.

I am seeing a lot of timeout errors in the log. Could possibly be caused by VPN or proxy configuration in Krypton?
I'm using a Smart DNS and the Add-on works just fine with SPMC on the same system.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4636/...85_jpg.htm
(2017-02-18, 13:52)Eye in the sky Wrote: I'm using a Smart DNS and the Add-on works just fine with SPMC on the same system.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4636/...85_jpg.htm

I've tried, but unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce the errors you are experiencing. Along with the numerous timeout errors in the log, I'm also seeing this:

Code:
ERROR: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer

This is getting way outside my realm of knowledge, but from what I've seen, this error seems to almost always be linked to ffmpeg.

I would hope that perhaps someone with a configuration similar to yours might be able to offer some insight. In the meantime, if SPMC (which is an unofficial fork of Kodi) works for you, then I can only suggest that you continue to use it.

Sorry I am unable to offer any other solution at this time, but I will continue to look into this, time permitting of course.
Hi Chris,
I was wondering if "Discovery Channels" is going to get a fix soon?
There is no more list of links showing now.
Also your other add-on "Powernation TV" is also not showing anymore list of links.
Will this get some love too?

Love your add-ons and I hope you will consider fix em up my friend.

Thanks
(2017-04-03, 02:55)kewlhtpc Wrote: Hi Chris,
I was wondering if "Discovery Channels" is going to get a fix soon?
There is no more list of links showing now.

I just watched and episode of 'Killing Fields' on Discovery today, and an episode of 'West Coast Customs' on Velocity, so not sure what's going on in your case. A link to a full debug log might provide some insight.

(2017-04-03, 02:55)kewlhtpc Wrote: Also your other add-on "Powernation TV" is also not showing anymore list of links.
Will this get some love too?

Love your add-ons and I hope you will consider fix em up my friend.

Thanks

Looks like the Powernation sites have undergone some changes. I'll look into it and see if I can push out a fix in the next few days.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discovery Channels - Matrix version 2021.10.08 available1