• 101(current)
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v16
Really dumb question. My main HTPC runs Kodi 16.1, if I install SPMC will I still be able to share my movies from the HTPC to the SPMC fireTV2. I am just sharing my Kodi library right now to the FireTV devices. If I remember correctly they all have to be on the same version? Thanks for the help guys.
(2016-07-27, 22:49)rob77 Wrote: Firstly thanks koying for this great version of kodi!

I just got my shield yesterday and have been tinkering with it for the last 2 nights. Im just using the game controller for now and one thing I have noticed is that when I am watching a film the controller goes to sleep after some time. The problem is I can wake it up but it doesn't respond so I can't control things. Plugging it in via the micro sd connected to the shield makes it work again. I have only had this problem in spmc. Anyone else had similar?

Cheers
I've NOT had this problem prior with SPMC on the Shield TV, but when when an addon (Tweakers.net) refused to work anymore (on SPMC only), I decided to reinstall a default SPMC and Kodi Krypton Nightly. While testing both versions in their the default state, I noticed exactly what you're talking about.

After resuming from sleep it very much look like the controller doesn't have focus on the top/active application anymore. You can hear it 'clicking' but it does not have control over Kodi. Switching back to the home-screen and 'restart' Kodi has no effect. The only way to regain control over Kodi is to restart the Shield.

P.S. Because SPMC still had the problem with the Tweakers.net add-on and Kodi did not, I only experienced this behavior with the nightly Kodi build, which could just be a nasty bug...
I only have this problem on one of my two shield devices. The 16gb has this bug while the 500gb doesn't.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
So I've been slowing getting my Shield TV setup, using SPMC (v16.4.0) which is very awesome. But I've had some issues integrating my Logitech Harmony Smart Control (https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-996-0001...TMXM3WJ8CY)

I followed the guide from @Tinwarble on page 97 of the Shield TV thread (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2349324), and added a Windows PC to my Activities (along with the Shield TV, Vizio TV, Denon Receiver), added a Harmony Keyboard within the Shield TV, and was able to program all the bluetooth buttons per @Tinwarble handy table.

Everything works great, and it is definitely faster with bluetooth, than using the stupid IR controls on the Default Harmony Smart Control. I just have one button that doesn't seem to work correctly. The "Info" button doesn't actually bring up the info within Kodi (it actually brings up the ability to scroll faster through lists - like Movies or TV).

I don't have any Keyboard.xml files (although I intend to add the one from Koying (https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/Adva...te-Control). And I noticed under @Tinwarble table, it lists the 'Info' button as Info (Keymap). So does this mean I have to add a section in the Keyboard.xml for this to work correctly?

Also I read the thread about making all the Numerical keys work on the Harmony Smart Control (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=255033), but I am not sure how to incorporate that into Koying's Keyboard.xml (and include the fix for the 'Info' button). Does anyone have a compilation file with all these setup and ready to go that they could post here (or somewhere else)?
Thanks guys for the reply. After further analysis tonight I have come to the conclusion my 5ghz radio in the shield is faulty. I tried streaming a movie earlier over 5g and it just buffered and got stuck forcing me to reboot. I also kept loosing the controller. I then tried just on 2.4ghz and it performed flawlessly.

When you select 2.4ghz WiFi the controller also uses this band so that's why no disconnects. Choosing ethernet or 5g WiFi the controller uses the 5ghz band hence it dropping out all the time. I am going to see if I can get an RMA in it. If not I'll send it back t the shop and get a new one.
The Shield itself is great, but I've heard about a lot of controller and remote issues that required Nvidia to send replacements. They eventually get there, but seem to have really bad luck with accessories.

Funny enough, I never had a controller issue.. until a few days ago. The touch buttons no longer work, meaning it won't wake up. It will only work in corded mode, and all of the touch buttons still don't work. Makes me wish they had not used any touch buttons.
(2016-07-29, 00:47)rob77 Wrote: Thanks guys for the reply. After further analysis tonight I have come to the conclusion my 5ghz radio in the shield is faulty. I tried streaming a movie earlier over 5g and it just buffered and got stuck forcing me to reboot. I also kept loosing the controller. I then tried just on 2.4ghz and it performed flawlessly.

When you select 2.4ghz WiFi the controller also uses this band so that's why no disconnects. Choosing ethernet or 5g WiFi the controller uses the 5ghz band hence it dropping out all the time. I am going to see if I can get an RMA in it. If not I'll send it back t the shop and get a new one.

Well, my shield is connect through LAN-cable, no Wifi there....
I have just install SPMC 16.3.0 and I keep getting an error message saying " web server failed to start ". Being a total newby to this I uninstalled SPMC, cleared the cache and reinstalled, but the same problem keeps arising.

How do I get the web server to work as I cannot connect to the internet to download addons?

Many thanks in advance.
(2016-07-29, 16:27)Rushfreek Wrote: I have just install SPMC 16.3.0 and I keep getting an error message saying " web server failed to start ". Being a total newby to this I uninstalled SPMC, cleared the cache and reinstalled, but the same problem keeps arising.

How do I get the web server to work as I cannot connect to the internet to download addons?

Many thanks in advance.

This happens when you have kodi & SPMC running at the same time on the shield.

Go into settings - services in one of them and change the default port to something other than 8080.
Also, a not running web server shouldn't prevent you from downloading add ons, as teh web server (afaik) is only for the web interface and json rpc (and the global search for the shield in SPMC), but not for something that is done from inside the normal kodi interface
I just updated to 3.2 and SPMC 16.4 and it seems something changed in the way the mic button of the Shield TV Remote is registered while on SPMC.

Previously I could map the mic button to search as I had described on http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2313212 and the key id was "61620".

Tried it today, but it only brings up the native google voice search.

Fired up the keymap editor addon and it no longer sees the mic button as pressed, just brings up the google search as well and doesn't give a unique key id.

Is it possible the mic button has changed in the system update to behave as the home button (which can not be mapped) ?

If anyone has better luck please share your key id.
There used to be a method in SPMC to specify which decoding method is used per video type via advancedsettings.xml.

I'd like to do something similar and specify software decoding only for interlaced content (since it had yadif and hardware is broken on the shield anyway) - is it possible to do this and any idea how to do it?
(2016-07-21, 17:57)Koying Wrote: Please try http://download.semperpax.com/spmc/andro...bi-v7a.apk for the "corrupt image after seek" issue.
As a bonus, this one should get you 4K on AFTV2 via the SPMC settings and refresh rate switching on AFTVx (depending on the device capabilities). Please give it a try also.

I'm not getting it. The only build of SPMC with refresh rate switching to 1080p24 while the basic setting of AFTV is 1080p60 is this test build from July 20, which does refresh rate switching on both my AFTV4k and AFTV Gen. 1 (many thanks for finding a way to make this possible at all!). While this build works fine on AFTV4k, it is unfortunately unusable on AFTV Gen. 1, since once the playback is stopped or the audio is changed, it cannot be restarted with a notice that the movie has been removed and the library should be refreshed. After a restart of SPMC the playback can be restarted.

However, refresh rate switching is not working in any of the later builds of SPMC, e.g. the latest one v16.4.1 from yesterday. I set all SPMC video and system settings to the recommended values.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your comments and assistance!
Nothing wrong, it was just a test.
I should have bumped it to 16.5 for clarity...
Thanks for making this clear. I know that AFTV is not your favourite device, but let me know if you need any logs or a tester for newer builds, if you find the time to debug the test build from July 20 on AFTV Gen. 1, I appreciate to assist. Many thanks for your efforts!
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v166