• 2(current)
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v16
(2016-03-13, 18:12)TheMattS Wrote: Could you elaborate on what happened to your database? I'm interested in eventually pointing SPMC to my existing Jarvis db so I'm curious about your experience...
For mysql to work properly all versions of kodi using it need to run the same videoxx.db version. If kodi on android upgrades automatically (through the play store) the mysql database is upgraded at the same time. So now kodi android is using the new database and everything else is still using the old one. Until I upgrade other kodis manually, at which point they switch to the db created by android.
Basically it means there are 2 mysql databases being used rather than 1 - which means both need updating, and watched status / resume-points aren't synced properly.
thank you very much!
(2016-03-13, 18:18)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-03-13, 18:12)TheMattS Wrote: Could you elaborate on what happened to your database? I'm interested in eventually pointing SPMC to my existing Jarvis db so I'm curious about your experience...
For mysql to work properly all versions of kodi using it need to run the same videoxx.db version. If kodi on android upgrades automatically (through the play store) the mysql database is upgraded at the same time. So now kodi android is using the new database and everything else is still using the old one. Until I upgrade other kodis manually, at which point they switch to the db created by android.
Basically it means there are 2 mysql databases being used rather than 1 - which means both need updating, and watched status / resume-points aren't synced properly.
Right, so in my case I'd be running SPMC and Kodi (OSMC) at their latest stable Jarvis versions so it sounds like there shouldn't be an issue. What you're describing sounds like the usual versioning dance between stock Kodi. Was afraid there was something different about SPMC that would prevent db sharing between Jarvis clients.
(2016-03-13, 18:59)TheMattS Wrote: Right, so in my case I'd be running SPMC and Kodi (OSMC) at their latest stable Jarvis versions so it sounds like there shouldn't be an issue. What you're describing sounds like the usual versioning dance between stock Kodi. Was afraid there was something different about SPMC that would prevent db sharing between Jarvis clients.
No, everything's fine as long as they're both on Jarvis.
For anyone following this thread, 16.1.1 has been released.
(2016-03-13, 22:26)tchirou Wrote: For anyone following this thread, 16.1.1 has been released.

Looks like DTS is working nice and smoothly now too. Thanks @Koying!
Wow, I will have to give that a try.
The ever good ol' "Import All" option <--- what does it do and where can I find it?
First of all, great work @Koying.

I understand that it is experimental but I can't figure out how to turn on (if in fact is a setting) the recommendations and the voice search.

On the android settings SPMC does not appear either in Home>Recommendations or in Search>Searchable Apps.

Does this feature only work on setups with a local database and not in one with MySQL ?
Hi Koying. Will this always stay in line with Kodi but basically be the go-to program for Shield owners? And will this allow you to do all your development that may or may not have been in line with the Kodi master plan? It's obviously a legitamised Kodi branch but there were clearly some differences of opinion between developers that this takes out of the equation? Thanks very much, as always, for your tireless work!
(2016-03-13, 23:50)lazarost Wrote: First of all, great work @Koying.

I understand that it is experimental but I can't figure out how to turn on (if in fact is a setting) the recommendations and the voice search.

On the android settings SPMC does not appear either in Home>Recommendations or in Search>Searchable Apps.

Does this feature only work on setups with a local database and not in one with MySQL ?
I'm getting the recommendations (if SPMC is running), but don't see a way to enable voice search. I am using MySQL as well.
Are feature requests possible?

If so, I have the idea for following:

-Add possible to stop running (Android) App by context menu when selecting specific App
-Add Possible to uninstall/delete (Android) Apps by context menu
-Possibility to run SPMC as launcher
For recommendations and voice search, SPMC must be already running, I forgot to make that clear.
Voice search is the android tv system one, so, on shield, press the speaker/search button on the controller/remote.
Hello Koying

I would like to make a donation for all your work (I am a shield TV user) but I think I have seen written somewhere (but I can't find it anymore, maybe I dreamt) that the google play version would be available to people on a donation basis.
Could you tell us more about it so I can donate at the good place and the good moment ?
Would you have an ETA for the google play version ?

More generally, do you have a roadmap on relasing new updates ? Anytime, once a week, once a month (independantly of critical bugs) ?
Do you have plans for new features that you could reveal to make us drool over ?

I am no designer but would you consider asking people with skills to design a new SPMC logo ? It may deserve a modern refresh Big Grin

Could you elaborate on the "The ever good ol' "Import All" option" ?

Once again, many many thanks for all of us Android Users
Thanks for the update.
Just wanted to mention, also with 16.1 I have stuttering on some radio streams that are coming along on my DVB Services.

Log of spmc: http://pastebin.com/eBFj0mTF

Seems that no one is able to fix this. This issue was introduced since Version 15 of Kodi. All my Tickets created are uncommented. I'm not the only one with this problem.
Maybe you are able to solve this one!?
Kodi 15.2 @ Android TV (Nvidia Shield)
PVR Backend: DVBLink/ DVBLogic with DigitalDevices 2xDVB-S & 2xDVB-C,CI DeltaCamTwin @ UM02 & HD02
Media Backend: EMBY
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v166