• 55(current)
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v16
Launcher won't work a non-rooted shield, afaik.
To auto-start, see https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/How-...MC-on-boot
(2016-04-24, 12:17)Koying Wrote: Launcher won't work a non-rooted shield, afaik.

thanks Smile
Hello Koying just one question,

running SPMC / AFTV 2 Box here:

- with Kodi while Live-TV is in fullscreen when I press the back button I get back to the channel list and Live-TV just keeps running in the little right screen
- but with SPMC it just goes back to the channel list and stops Live-TV playback.

Is this a Bug or a Feature?

Thanks.
(2016-04-24, 16:41)botribun Wrote: Hello Koying just one question,

running SPMC / AFTV 2 Box here:

- with Kodi while Live-TV is in fullscreen when I press the back button I get back to the channel list and Live-TV just keeps running in the little right screen
- but with SPMC it just goes back to the channel list and stops Live-TV playback.

Is this a Bug or a Feature?

Thanks.

It's not a bug. Back = stop in full screen video was added back in the SPMC 16.1.1 (March 3/2016) update.
If you want back to = back and not stop what's currently playing, you'll need to use your own keymap.
Thanks! Now SPMC is almost perfect.
(2016-04-24, 12:17)Koying Wrote: Launcher won't work a non-rooted shield, afaik.

No, I have it running as the Launcher without routing on all my three shield tv boxes. I described here how I did it, very easy: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...8/#4854168
(2016-04-24, 19:27)fantasticn Wrote: No, I have it running as the Launcher without routing on all my three shield tv boxes. I described here how I did it, very easy: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...8/#4854168

Ah, right. I forgot about the "hide" trick...
(2016-04-24, 16:41)botribun Wrote: Is this a Bug or a Feature?

Covered multiple times in this thread already, see the Wiki - https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki
Am I correct in thinking that nfs doesn't work as well as smb on the shield yet? Saw people talking about nfs on this forum (I used to stream everything over lan via nfs but haven't for some time) so set up a new profile with nfs instead of smb. Streaming is very stuttery and with major lip sync issues. Does anyone know whether this is a shield problem or kodi/SPMC problem?
(2016-04-25, 08:20)chocco Wrote: Am I correct in thinking that nfs doesn't work as well as smb on the shield yet? Saw people talking about nfs on this forum (I used to stream everything over lan via nfs but haven't for some time) so set up a new profile with nfs instead of smb. Streaming is very stuttery and with major lip sync issues. Does anyone know whether this is a shield problem or kodi/SPMC problem?

Actually, it is quite the opposite for me. I had used smb for years but from the very beginning with the shield, smb worked really bad. As soon as I switched to nfs, everything went smooth, including high bitrate files of 50GB. Files are stored on a synology with gigabit network.
(2016-04-25, 08:20)chocco Wrote: Am I correct in thinking that nfs doesn't work as well as smb on the shield yet? Saw people talking about nfs on this forum (I used to stream everything over lan via nfs but haven't for some time) so set up a new profile with nfs instead of smb. Streaming is very stuttery and with major lip sync issues. Does anyone know whether this is a shield problem or kodi/SPMC problem?

No, nfs works way better than smb, the only thing that needs to be configured on the server side is to share the mounts as insecure. Remember that smb also checks permissions and authentication that adds much more overhead. Smb is best when used in an active directory environment and hosted on Windows server and transferring large amounts of small files.
I've got an AML s905 based box and getting an issue with Kodi where the audio drops when watching a 5.1 file with audio passthrough enabled.

This seems to be a common issue from what i've seen but someone did mention that this issue isn't there with SPMC. I tried the same file on SPMC but still hearing drops. Just wondering is anyone else getting the same problem?
(2016-04-25, 11:52)redw Wrote: I've got an AML s905 based box and getting an issue with Kodi where the audio drops when watching a 5.1 file with audio passthrough enabled.

This seems to be a common issue from what i've seen but someone did mention that this issue isn't there with SPMC. I tried the same file on SPMC but still hearing drops. Just wondering is anyone else getting the same problem?

Are you passing audio via the hdmi cable or using a separate spdif cable, I've never had any issues with audio passthrough via hdmi to my yamaha amp on my s905 based box (minix u1) and I've tested various 5.1 audio formats (aac, ac3 & dts).

Sent from my GT-I9505
i want to do a fresh install of spmc on my shield tv box. from the shield homescreen, if i go into settings > apps > spmc and select 'uninstall' does that get rid of everything? or is there further stuff i need to dig into so that when i come to re-install, i get a clean vanilla spmc?
(2016-04-25, 08:52)tchirou Wrote:

Actually, it is quite the opposite for me. I had used smb for years but from the very beginning with the shield, smb worked really bad. As soon as I switched to nfs, everything went smooth, including high bitrate files of 50GB. Files are stored on a synology with gigabit network.

Thanks very much. That's exactly my setup too. It may actually be a TrueHD issue now that I think about it rather than an NFS issue. I'll try with some other files when I get home.
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v166