• 56(current)
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v16
You may also need to manually remove /Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16 (or whichever version you are running).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-04-25, 13:39)Frostie36 Wrote:
(2016-04-25, 11:52)redw Wrote: I've got an AML s905 based box and getting an issue with Kodi where the audio drops when watching a 5.1 file with audio passthrough enabled.

This seems to be a common issue from what i've seen but someone did mention that this issue isn't there with SPMC. I tried the same file on SPMC but still hearing drops. Just wondering is anyone else getting the same problem?

Are you passing audio via the hdmi cable or using a separate spdif cable, I've never had any issues with audio passthrough via hdmi to my yamaha amp on my s905 based box (minix u1) and I've tested various 5.1 audio formats (aac, ac3 & dts).

Sent from my GT-I9505

I'm using a HDMI cable to my receiver (Denon x2000).

The drops happen every few seconds for not even .5 seconds but it can get annoying.
(2016-04-25, 13:59)alphabetagaga Wrote: i want to do a fresh install of spmc on my shield tv box. from the shield homescreen, if i go into settings > apps > spmc and select 'uninstall' does that get rid of everything? or is there further stuff i need to dig into so that when i come to re-install, i get a clean vanilla spmc?

That will remove it all for a clean install.
(2016-04-25, 14:16)DarrenHill Wrote: You may also need to manually remove /Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16 (or whichever version you are running).

thanks for the tip. i had a look but couldn't see that file.

(2016-04-25, 20:51)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:
(2016-04-25, 13:59)alphabetagaga Wrote: i want to do a fresh install of spmc on my shield tv box. from the shield homescreen, if i go into settings > apps > spmc and select 'uninstall' does that get rid of everything? or is there further stuff i need to dig into so that when i come to re-install, i get a clean vanilla spmc?

That will remove it all for a clean install.

great stuff thanks for that
(2016-04-25, 09:33)abpostelnicu Wrote:
(2016-04-25, 08:20)chocco Wrote: Am I correct in thinking that nfs doesn't work as well as smb on the shield yet? Saw people talking about nfs on this forum (I used to stream everything over lan via nfs but haven't for some time) so set up a new profile with nfs instead of smb. Streaming is very stuttery and with major lip sync issues. Does anyone know whether this is a shield problem or kodi/SPMC problem?

No, nfs works way better than smb, the only thing that needs to be configured on the server side is to share the mounts as insecure. Remember that smb also checks permissions and authentication that adds much more overhead. Smb is best when used in an active directory environment and hosted on Windows server and transferring large amounts of small files.

wish I can use nfs but sadly my server is on windows 10 box that does not have enterprise installed so cant mount nfs shares. Sad
(2016-04-25, 23:50)Nekromantik Wrote:
(2016-04-25, 09:33)abpostelnicu Wrote:
(2016-04-25, 08:20)chocco Wrote: Am I correct in thinking that nfs doesn't work as well as smb on the shield yet? Saw people talking about nfs on this forum (I used to stream everything over lan via nfs but haven't for some time) so set up a new profile with nfs instead of smb. Streaming is very stuttery and with major lip sync issues. Does anyone know whether this is a shield problem or kodi/SPMC problem?

No, nfs works way better than smb, the only thing that needs to be configured on the server side is to share the mounts as insecure. Remember that smb also checks permissions and authentication that adds much more overhead. Smb is best when used in an active directory environment and hosted on Windows server and transferring large amounts of small files.

wish I can use nfs but sadly my server is on windows 10 box that does not have enterprise installed so cant mount nfs shares. Sad
I have been using Hanewin NFS server for Windows for years without issue.
I stream all my content on my Shield off of an NFS share on a Windows PC.
(2016-04-25, 23:54)Wheresthebeef Wrote: I have been using Hanewin NFS server for Windows for years without issue.

Ditto here with no issues and over Powerline kit, have to up the buffers within kodi otherwise I get lipsync issues but no problems now and this is on a AFTv2
(2016-04-25, 23:54)Wheresthebeef Wrote: I have been using Hanewin NFS server for Windows for years without issue.

I just installed that but it seems to be a server so cant see options to mount a nfs share from my NAS.
PM me if you know how as its off topic Smile
thanks
(2016-04-26, 00:19)Calzor Suzay Wrote:

Ditto here with no issues and over Powerline kit, have to up the buffers within kodi otherwise I get lipsync issues but no problems now and this is on a AFTv2

Is that a manual process in kodi? I tried again last night but still got major stuttering that isn't present when I use smb. All my files are streamed from NAS via gigabit LAN. Thanks again.
I have a question to koying:

Do you see a chance to implement mapfaus inputstream in SPMC ?

https://github.com/mapfau/inputstream.mpd/

This would be really great.

Thank you

SaEt9000
Just saw the commits on github by koying, can't wait for the next release Smile

Do I see it right, that we will get yadif deinterlacing in android at least with software decoding?

Thanks again koying for all your work here Smile
(2016-04-26, 08:30)chocco Wrote:
(2016-04-26, 00:19)Calzor Suzay Wrote:

Is that a manual process in kodi? I tried again last night but still got major stuttering that isn't present when I use smb. All my files are streamed from NAS via gigabit LAN. Thanks again.

Yeah manual process of tweaking advancedsettings.xml, info here http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache and examples here http://trendblog.net/setup-kodi-xbmc-fir...p-content/

Tweaked my hanewin settings as well to max NFS transfer size 32768 and v3
Thanks very much for this. I'll definitely experiment!

Interestingly, my stuttering issue (which I don't have using smb) seemed to be solved by disabling the refresh rate switching. I was then left with the lip sync issue which seemed to be my separate TrueHD problem as it was fine with other soundtracks. So at least I now know that nfs works, albeit without refresh rate switching, and I'll use your guide to try out some settings in the weekend. Thanks again for that, it was very helpful!
(2016-04-24, 12:17)Koying Wrote: Launcher won't work a non-rooted shield, afaik.
To auto-start, see https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/How-...MC-on-boot

Freshly rooted a vanilla Shield TV (v3.1). Installed SPMC launcher version, but the Leanback launcher is still popping up as default launcher. SPMC has superuser rights. Does something else needs to be modified? I can imagine xbmc.autostart=yes is only needed for non-rooted devices.

To recap: I'd like to have SMPC as default launcher and NOT hide (adb shell pm hide com.google.android.leanbacklauncher) or delete the Leanback Launcher. I'd like to access it (launcher and settings) via shorcuts in SPMC if needed (seperate shortcut apk's available on XDA)

Could you please describe needed steps for ROOTED Shield TV devices? (and for reference possible options for non-rooted ones)
Morning
I have a few issues with the PVR setup since switching to SPMC. I get inconsistent EPG data from my backend, it not updating the EPG on startup, not alerting that recordings are starting and audio sync issues after ff/rw. They are very sporadic as the PVR system will function properly, but then every other day it will go weird. I use mythtv as a backend and i update my guide data every day so having out of sync EPG data (especially in the playoffs) is annoying

Do you want a GIT ticket for this? Its going to be hard to get a log as its sporadic but I will try to get one

Cheers!
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v166