• 61(current)
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v16
Just to be sure: with SPMC you EITHER get DTS sound OR you get sync to display? You can't both get a non choppy picture AND DTS sound??
No ... cause it would make absolutely no sense.

How would you sync to display and at the same time run "wallclock timed" passthrough audio? If you want to sync to display, you need to do something to the Audio, e.g. resample it. If you want Sync _and_ passthrough buy a Raspberry Pi, here they can influence the driver itself and change the closed loop speed, which is not possible on a locked down platform like Android.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I enabled the lanczos3 in menues by using advancedsettings.xml , but found both of the new options (Lanczos3 and Spline36) to be broken
(Make the image very blurry when selected) , i think this is the reason they are hidden in the first place (Koying please correct me if i am wrong)
(2016-05-02, 20:08)Koying Wrote: It's in the video settings from the OSD

Oh ok, I forgot about these ones
Thanks !!!
(2016-05-02, 20:11)optics Wrote: Just trying to wrap my head around the proper settings and expected improvements from the HQ scalers...

I have SPMC 16.3, Nvidia Shield TV 3.1 and a 4K TV. I'd like the SPMC GUI to be output at full 4K (and hardware accelerated), my 480, 720 and 1080 videos to be upsampled to 4k (hopefully better quality than the Shield's 4K up-sampler but still hardware accelerated), and my music visualization to be native 4k (and hardware accelerated). Related to this, I am hoping that the issues with Kodi downsampling high resolution jacket art are now resolved (no more jaggies).

Here are the changes that I have made:

Videos > Acceleration
- enable HQ scalers = low
- allow hardware acceleration (mediacodec surface) = off
- allow hardware acceleration (mediacodec) = on
- accelerate MPEG2 = always
- accelerate MPEG4 = always
- accelerate h264 = always

System > Video Output
- set GUI resolution limit = unlimited

OSD > Video Settings
- deinterlace video = auto
- deinterlace method = bob inverted
- video scaling method = lanczos3 - optimised

advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<enablehighqualityhwscalers>true</enablehighqualityhwscalers>
</video>
<fanartres>2160</fanartres>
<imageres>2160</imageres>
</advancedsettings>

Are my assumptions and configuration settings correct for the Shield output to a 4K TV?

Interested in the answers for this as well as I have the same setup
(2016-05-02, 20:42)djon Wrote: Just to be sure: with SPMC you EITHER get DTS sound OR you get sync to display? You can't both get a non choppy picture AND DTS sound??

Why are you getting choppy picture? Do you have framerate switching turned on?
Photo 
Hi,

just wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed any picture problems with any of the old and new versions of SPMC, no matter which version i try i always seem to have the same problem in dark areas of the screen it appears as a very light green checker board effect just in a lot of dark scenes on every movie i try with SPMC.

Before anyone says its my screen or settings it is not because if i use any version of Kodi including the new alpha i dont have this problem only with SPMC on the Shield, i have enclosed a photo apologies if its not great but i had to have all the lights off in the room to see the effect

(2016-04-21, 08:06)Koying Wrote:
(2016-04-21, 02:45)Illest Wrote: Would love to passthrough hd audio thank you!

What exactly makes you think the aftv supports HD audio passthrough?
It doesn't at all, afaik.

Thanks for showing the AFTV some love with 16.3 ?
(2016-05-02, 21:45)fritsch Wrote: No ... cause it would make absolutely no sense.

How would you sync to display and at the same time run "wallclock timed" passthrough audio? If you want to sync to display, you need to do something to the Audio, e.g. resample it. If you want Sync _and_ passthrough buy a Raspberry Pi, here they can influence the driver itself and change the closed loop speed, which is not possible on a locked down platform like Android.

Huh, to me it makes perfect sense to have it all, like you get in the other Kodi versions I have (Windows, Openelec). Or don't they do it right? I can only judge it by my receiver writing DTS in the display and my TV writes 1080p@24hz as resolution and then I' m happy. This I haven't found possible using the SPMC version.
(2016-05-03, 02:04)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:
(2016-05-02, 20:42)djon Wrote: Just to be sure: with SPMC you EITHER get DTS sound OR you get sync to display? You can't both get a non choppy picture AND DTS sound??

Why are you getting choppy picture? Do you have framerate switching turned on?

I tried all combinations of "Adjust Display Refresh Rate" and "Sync Playback to Display" but if you also want DTS sound, I haven't found it possible to also get a 24p resolution on the TV. It will just stay at 60hz no matter what.
It works on Kodi for Android and all other versions I have tried (WIndows/Openelec), so not quite sure what the deal is.
(2016-05-03, 07:42)djon Wrote: I haven't found it possible to also get a 24p resolution on the TV. It will just stay at 60hz no matter what.
It works on Kodi for Android and all other versions I have tried (WIndows/Openelec), so not quite sure what the deal is.

Me neither. Can you change the refresh rate with TVHZ?
I assume you already rebooted the shield with the TV on, here.
(2016-05-03, 08:03)Koying Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 07:42)djon Wrote: I haven't found it possible to also get a 24p resolution on the TV. It will just stay at 60hz no matter what.

Me neither. Can you change the refresh rate with TVHZ?
I assume you already rebooted the shield with the TV on, here.

Forgot to say, that I can get the TV at 24p if I set the SHIELD's resolution to 1080p@23,976. However the first time SPMC plays a 25 or 30 fps video, the resolution gets permanently thrown back to 60 Hz.
(2016-05-03, 08:09)djon Wrote: Forgot to say, that I can get the TV at 24p if I set the SHIELD's resolution to 1080p@23,976.

I'm confused. The Shield display settings only allows 1080p60 for me (besides the full range of 4k), but I have a 4k tv.
Please try TVHZ. And post a debug log.
OK. No 4K TV here and I can set 50, 60 and 23,97 hz @1080p
(2016-05-03, 07:38)djon Wrote:
(2016-05-02, 21:45)fritsch Wrote: No ... cause it would make absolutely no sense.

Huh, to me it makes perfect sense to have it all, like you get in the other Kodi versions I have (Windows, Openelec). Or don't they do it right? I can only judge it by my receiver writing DTS in the display and my TV writes 1080p@24hz as resolution and then I' m happy. This I haven't found possible using the SPMC version.

Don't mix "Sync Playback to Display" and "Adjust Refreshrate to match video". The latter + Passthrough is obviously fine.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v166