VobSub too small? Need confirmation!
since this is my first post: thank you all for an amazing piece of software!! Smile xbmc is the reason i got my xbox...

ok, the bug:
when playing a xvid with vobsubs (sub+idx), the subtitles shown are way too small, virtually unreadable on a 21" tv. less than half the height compared to the same file played via xbmp 2.4.

tried with two different subs+movies, tried changing font size, disabled auto widescreen switching... no go.

using build 2004-03-09-proper from the usual place.

can someone confirm this?

-munde
yeah they are small, not sure if it's a bug or not though... lets see if more people agree.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

yeah pike, it's maybe not an actual bug... but a big problem for me anyway!

come on, 20 views and noone else thinks they're too small?

for me vobsubs are useless with xbmc atm, as they are so small. i have to change to xbmp every time i want to use vobsubs.

-munde
Question 
i also think they are too small. Image
i've added an option to the video settings - "enlarge subtitles". if you select this it will double the size of your subtitles (including vobsubs).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

yeah they are waay too small, cant read them at all.
i usually just throw them away and grab the srt subs from somewhere, they are nice & big.

butcher, since when is that added? i cant seem to find it in 03-09 build.
he's just added it to cvs yesterday, same day as his post so you'll need to compile or wait for it.
ok tnx, hope there a new unofficial rel soon Smile
strangely i can't warp back in time a month to put stuff in old builds. Wink

Lightbulb 
size does matter..
they are too small..
haven't been checking the forums in a few days... and now this!!!

fantastic butcher, thank you very very much! have not tested yet, but it sounds like my problem is solved Smile

nice to see that even the average joe user can have an impact on how xbmc developes onwards. once again, thanks!

btw, spend 4 hours yesterday changing the default fan to a 12v silent one... now the biggest idle noise comes from the hd... sweet :lol:

-munde
hi everyone,

my first post here.

i downloaded an interim version of xbmc that had the "enlarge subtitles" option available. this was a great feature, but in the new 4/19 release, this feature was changed to only affect vobsub subtitles.

the inclusion of this feature was what allowed me to finally use xbmc as my default dashboard. i watch most of my movies with srt subtitles for my family's sake and as most probably know already, support for ttf and asian languages is minimal.

additional problems with asian languages are the file sizes of the fonts. i'm only able to get asian srt subs to display with a 16 point font.

the enlarge subtitles was then a good solution to my problem. i was wondering if there is any way to change the feature to enlarge srt subtitles again.

thanks for your help!
it should still work for all subtitles...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VobSub too small? Need confirmation!0