v17 Harmony Remote Not Working on Mac Mini
Hi,

I'm having an issue with Kodi v17.0 “Krypton” in that my Logitech Harmony Remote won't work at all.

I've tried the following nightlies all have the same issue:
kodi-20160316-f303c86-master-x86_64.dmg
kodi-20160309-a6de791-master-x86_64.dmg
kodi-20160307-c6b201a-master-x86_64.dmg
kodi-20160224-6d95209-master-x86_64.dmg

My Debug Log --> http://xbmclogs.com/pe6jlfhm5

My System Setup
OS X El Capitan 10.11.3
Mac Mini (Mid 2011)

I fully appreciate this is Alpha software and am reporting this in the hopes this will help the Devs identify what needs to be done to get it fixed for future nightlies. If you need to me try a test version or make any changes to my system to test, please let me know.

Thanks for all of your hard work & dedication in bringing us Kodi!

Kind Regards,
Andrew
yeah what about the current release version 16.0?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz,

Bizarre. This worked previously and now has stopped working. It looks like I have an issue with the remote losing it's pairing with the Mac and/or the Candelair driver getting uninstalled. Currently troubleshooting this. Thanks for the steer in the right direction.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers,
Andrew
Hi Memphiz,

Latest update. I have managed to resolve the driver and remote pairing issue.

To ensure I was using a clean install - I also completely removed this directory:
/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Kodi

I then tried Release 16.0 - this worked perfectly. I then started to use the Kodi 17 nightlies and found that this nightly works perfectly with the harmony remote, but all of the nightlies after this version, the remote does not work at all. I hope this information is helpful.

kodi-20160311-11912ea-master-x86_64.dmg --> Works perfectly with Harmony remote.

Happy to provide any updated debug logs that you'd like.

Thanks & Regards,
Andrew
ok - we merged the gaming controller input stuff around that time and it might have something to do with this regression...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi do you guys still have this issue? I can't get my harmony working on the mac mini either?

Thanks kindly
(2016-06-12, 09:27)luisfmoreira Wrote: Hi do you guys still have this issue? I can't get my harmony working on the mac mini either?

Thanks kindly

Hi, no it's all sorted with the latest nightly. Has the remote ever worked for you?
Yes in 16 it works fine, in 17 I can get kodi to open but not to control the app, should I try a fresh install?
I found that I needed to disable the remote in Kodi, then re-enable it to get it working again... not sure why this was the case -- others didn't need to do this. I also found that I needed to reboot....

Before trying a fresh install, I'd suggest....

Rebooting, install the latest stable Kodi release - try the remote and confirm it works. If it doesn't -- need to solve this problem first.
If that works fine, reboot your Mac, install the latest nightly then try remote. If that doesn't work go to Settings -- Interface Settings -- Control and toggle through all of the Apple Remote options until you end back at Harmony Remote. See if that works. If it does -- happy days. If not. Suggest a clean install then try all again.

If still no joy, suggest posting a debug log for more assistance.

Good luck. Hope you get it sorted.
Thanks mate! Will try that. The disable and enable I had already figured it out in 16! Will post how it goes!
sorry to post here because i'm under windows but got the same problem with krypton.....

with all nightlies build after KodiSetup-20160529-0ecc4b5-master , my remote don't work or fall in infinite loop like if you maintain bouton.....Sad

with KodiSetup-20160529-0ecc4b5-master, it work fine.....don't understand....

the "flametrees" solution don't work here.....

(WIN10-64bits)
Intel NUC 5YPPH-8Go-SSD120go-external drive 1To
Windows 10 PRO - Kodi Krypton 17 - IconMix
(2016-06-19, 20:21)telexxingou Wrote: sorry to post here because i'm under windows but got the same problem with krypton.....

with all nightlies build after KodiSetup-20160529-0ecc4b5-master , my remote don't work or fall in infinite loop like if you maintain bouton.....Sad

with KodiSetup-20160529-0ecc4b5-master, it work fine.....don't understand....

the "flametrees" solution don't work here.....

(WIN10-64bits)

Hi Telexxingou,

Sorry that my solution doesn't work for you. Whilst I understand why you've posted on this thread, I'm not sure the team will be able to assist given that you're on the Windows platform. I would suggest (if you haven't already) that you post in the Windows forum and also make sure you provide a full debug log.

It's also worth mentioning that "Nightly's" should not be considered stable software as the developers use them to introduce new features and optimise code -- sometimes this introduces some regression. The developers may be aware they've broken this functionality but are focussed on resolving other defects before they introduce the fix for this particular one on the Windows platform. ...please note this is purely speculation on my part.

Good luck -- I hope you get this sorted.
Thank you..... I know krypton is not yet stable.... I'll post my debug log......but for now back to Jarvis....lol
Intel NUC 5YPPH-8Go-SSD120go-external drive 1To
Windows 10 PRO - Kodi Krypton 17 - IconMix

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony Remote Not Working on Mac Mini0