Slow animations with Intel Celeron N3150
Jep - as I cannot reproduce -> driver bug. Try some xorg.conf options as disable triple buffer / disable tearfree if it does not help -> bugs.freedesktop.org
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
If you turn on debugging (via menu) - you should see a rough indicator for the fps currently presented. Does this value go down?
Also please disable DirtyRegions completely as we want to see the GPU performance -> see advanced wiki settings.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<gui>    
  <algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>
</gui>
</advancedsettings>
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Those options are also not helping (and tearfree is disabled by default).

After rebooting everything is fast, but after few seconds (or opening a menu item) animations get slow. RSS stutters.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see your new post. I'll look at it.
See above my edit, please. Also do these tests with v17 (latest master) and tell us about the reported FPS. Also state which refreshrate you are running, please. If you can - please verify with a clean v17 OpenELEC from an usb stick.
Refreshrate is 60 Hz. After rebooting fps is around 59-60, everything is fluid. But after ~30 seconds it goes down to 50 in idle and 25-50 while moving in menu. CPU-KODI is at 60%. This is with v16, clean settings, Confluence skin, this xorg.conf (edited to match 60 Hz and HDMI3), this advacedsettings.xml.

With v17 and Estuary FPS is around 55-60 after reboot, ~30 in idle after ~30 seconds and 20-55 while moving in menu.

I will try OpenELEC too.
Can you please post a full Debug Log from your tests? Especially with v17 while it falls down to 25 fps? Btw. when browsing through the "file view" this also happens?
Yes, here it is. In movie library, it even falls down to 18 fps.
Please disable the webserver (jsonrpc) and navigate with a keyboard, please. Any change?
Of course not. FPS goes down around 30 after ~30 seconds no matter what I do.
"Of course not" <- we search something that blocks your mainloop and webserver was a candidate. So please always include Debug Log for every test.
Here, to see if it's a driver problem (this will kill video sync of course). Use an /etc/X11/xorg.conf with the following content:

Code:
Section "Device"
  Identifier  "Device0"
  Driver      "intel"
  VendorName  "INTEL Corporation"
  Option "TripleBuffer" "true"
  Option "TearFree" "true"
EndSection

This is for testing only - this option is stupid when A/V sync is relevant and swapbuffers are counted.
Sorry for the late reply. I was a bit busy. Debug log with keyboard.

FPS is better with that xorg.conf modification. It goes down to ~40-45 in idle, and does not go below 20 while moving in movie library. Moving in menu is almost fine. Movies playing fine. Debug log
I had the same issue with my old ion2 / atom D525 system, on kodibuntu (based on trusty) with jarvis 16.1. I tried to upgrade the nvidia driver but with no results, I then decided to drop kodibuntu and install everything from scratch, starting with a new os (15.10 wily).
Since then all is nice and smooth.
(2016-03-24, 12:22)megema Wrote: Sorry for the late reply. I was a bit busy. Debug log with keyboard.

FPS is better with that xorg.conf modification. It goes down to ~40-45 in idle, and does not go below 20 while moving in movie library. Moving in menu is almost fine. Movies playing fine. Debug log

As said it's a really bad idea ... as swap buffers is not blocking anymore and Tearfree swaps whenever it "wants to" ...
Yeah, I know. But what's next? Do you have any idea?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow animations with Intel Celeron N31500