v15 have big issue
every time when i start kodi i got this message:

Kodi quit Unexpectedly

Ignore Report Reopen

how to fix this issue

thanks
the image is not available, please try again
You haven't given any details at all. Post your crash report to pastebin.com and link it here. You also need to post a link to a debug log (wiki). Use the instructions in the advanced section.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I recently had 2 installs of Kodi crashing after a few seconds of startup on 2 different versions of OSX, 10.6.8 and 10.7 both on the same day.

You can probably work this out for yourself as I did if you go through your logs that can be found in Applications/Utilities/Console and look for Kodi error logs. You can upload logs to a pastebin and ask a someone to check it out or you can just use the date/time of the error log to trace back to the issue yourself.

First thing to do though before looking at logs is move all folders except the addons folder from USER/Library/Application Support/Kodi/ to your Documents folder and run Kodi, if it still crashes then it's got to be an addon causing the issue. If it doesn't crash then the problem was elsewhere and not related to a recent addon update. Running Kodi will appear like your first run but at least you will still have your addons intact and Kodi will create a new Library so you just need to add the skin/settings etc but you don't need to spend hours downloading all your addons again.

If it still crashes then look in your console for error logs and there will be a time/date on each log file. You will need to go back to the first time it crashed with this issue so try to think back to when the problem started, if you have been trying to open Kodi a lot you will have a list of logs so trace it back.

Then go to USER/Library/Application Support/Kodi, delete all the folders apart from the addons folder and put back the folders you moved earlier to your Documents folder. This will put back all of your settings.

If you don't have 100's of addon's this won't take long. Start with the first addon in the list, each are in a folder of their own. Select the folder, hit CMD-I for information of the folder and you will see when it was created and modified. Check each to see when they were modified (updated).

Find any addons that were modified just before the time/date of the first crash log and right click, tag them red for reference. Check them all and then move the one's you marked red to another location one at a time, launch Kodi after moving each one.

If it crashes you haven't found the culprit. If it doesn't crash then delete the offending addon.

I found a urlresolver had been updated at 10:17 and my first crash was shortly after that, deleting the offending folder sorted it out.

May be a long work around but will get the job done and with minimum damage to your setup.

I've seen a lot of replies to mac issues on various forums advising to delete all your folders from Library/Application Support/Kodi/ but that is a bit extreme especially if you don't have a backup of kodi. If you do that it's like starting over with a fresh install.

Once you have it fixed install the backup program addon and backup your setup.

Good luck!
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B

Arch Linux ARM

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
have big issue0