Req Home movies content option
Video 
Guys,

I’ve seen this asked for in many different places over the years, but I don’t think anyone has conveyed it quite as clearly as this.

I would like to be able to add my own type of “set content” into kodi, so that my sources for media types are: Movies, Music, Music Video, TV and Custom. “Custom would be the one I want to use to point to home movies in a separate folder to my films, TV and music sources.

The idea is that the item can be hidden or un-hidden and customised by the user to point to a directory, where you can choose “Home Movies” from the set content type.

Is it possible to have this added to the next release or next update of Kodi Jarvis please? you could even add more than one custom1 options that can be renamed too.
custom home items (wiki) describes what you are trying to do.
Hi Ned,

It doesn't describe everything I want to do. No matter what skin you choose, when it comes to settings the content of a folder, a custom type will never appear in that list of content types.

It would also be great for the custom menu button to be supported in ALL SKINS, and not just a few.
You can't set the content to custom, but you can configure kodi in such a way that your home videos can be viewed separately in the library - which means you have the same result.
eg say you have films in your 'Movies' directory and Home Videos in ''Home Videos' - if you're as unimaginative as me.
Set the content of both to 'Movies' and scan. Obviously you'll need to generate your own .nfo's for Home Videos.
'Movies' on your home screen points to a playlist (path <starts with> Movies)
'Home Videos' on your home screen points to another playlist (path <starts with> Home Videos).
The basic idea is that "movies" and "TV shows" aren't really movies and TV shows, but rather they are "stand alone videos" and "videos in a series". "TV shows" and "movies" are just the most common labels. I've seen people add instructional videos, work out videos, home movies, random cat videos, live concerts, even security footage, using Kodi, video nodes, custom home items, and NFO files. It would be nice to have a content-type or something that made these things easier to add, though.
+1 for this.
I get the issue is down to skins making things available, but the way plex handles non-scraped media is so much better than Kodi and has been for quite a while.
Would be great to see a simple way of doing this rather than all the hacking that is currently required.

There is a host of media i have to access via the Videos > Files route simply because its too much hassle to add the custom entries in whenever i change skin - which is quite often at the moment as im looking for a new default but finding it difficult to choose one than work across all hardware equally.
Another up vote for this.

It would be great to have custom content types when adding new video folders, not just limited to movies/tv shows/music.

I have separate folders for TV Shows and Movies and just use the standard menu items for each of them respectively.

I also have folders for Comedy and Documentaries that I don't want mixed in with all my standard movies. In my view, this is the only thing missing from Kodi, everything else is awesome.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home movies content option2