v17 amdgpu-pro
This is quite early, but perhaps of interest. I have upgraded the graphic driver on Xenial Xerus to amdgpu-pro and Kodi doesn't start.
It works OK with the amdgpu driver.
Crash log
http://pastebin.com/1qA0wt9U
Quote:0x00007f7d76e1ed32 in amdgpu_query_gpu_info () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/amdgpu-pro/libdrm_amdgpu.so.1

Segfault in the driver ... ask the vendor. Nothing we can do about it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Done
amdgpu-pro 16.50 for Ubuntu 16.04 is working OK with Kodi 17.0-BETA6.
PVR Backend is HTS Tvheadend.
Using Pulseaudio with an Xonar D2X sound card

Played SD TV, HD TV.

Played these file types
- .avi
- .ts
- .mkv
- .m2t
- .VOB
- .m2ts

Played these formats
- DTS MPEG-2
- DOLBY-HD H.264
- DTS-MA H.264
- 2.0 DOLBY MPEG-2
- 5.1 DOLBY MPEG-2
- 2.0 PCM H.264
- 5.1 DTS-HRA H.264
nice, thanks for reporting back
If built against a new libvdpau you should also get HEVC-8bit content decoded, if your gpu is new enough.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
My GPU is a Radeon R9 380 and quite new, but according to the log vdpau doesn't work.
https://paste.ubuntu.com/23618825/

This is however not a problem on this computer as it isn't a HTPC. It's more like a gaming computer. It is nice to browse the net and have a music video as background.
Post the output of vdpauinfo please, make sure you have mesa-vdpau-drivers properly installed.
I don't think it's possible to get vdpau support to work with the amdgpu-pro driver.
This is the output of the vdpauinfo.

p-i@pi-GA-990FXA-UD3-OCZ:~$ vdpauinfo
display: :0 screen: 0
Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_amdgpu.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error creating VDPAU device: 1
p-i@pi-GA-990FXA-UD3-OCZ:~$

These are the installed packages
libvdpau-amdgpu-pro AMDGPU Pro VDPAU driver
libvdpau-amdgpu-pro:i386 AMDGPU Pro VDPAU driver
libvdpau1 Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix (libraries)
libvdpau1:i386 Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix (libraries)
mesa-vdpau-drivers Mesa VDPAU video acceleration drivers
mesa-vdpau-drivers:i386 Mesa VDPAU video acceleration drivers
vdpau-driver-all Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix (driver metapackage)
vdpau-driver-all:i386 Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix (driver metapackage)
vdpau-driver-all:i386 Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix (driver metapackage)
vdpauinfo Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix (vdpauinfo utility)

On this computer with Ubuntu 14.04, amdgpu and mesa, the cpu usage is about 5% to 7 %.
With Ubuntu 14.04 and amdgpu-pro, the cpu usage is about 12% to 15%.
Yeah - your mesa is too old to support amdgpu sadly
Have you set your environment parameters to AMDGPU?
export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=vdpau
export VDPAU_DRIVER=amdgpu ... (not sure in your case may be 'amdgpu-pro').
(2016-12-11, 20:10)P-I H Wrote: amdgpu-pro 16.50 for Ubuntu 16.04 is working OK with Kodi 17.0-BETA6.

Hej!

I am having exactly the same problem but with 16.60 version. Did you try 16.60 ?
I have the 'kodi' user in the 'video' group. Other commands like 'clinfo' etc. are working.
Does it still work for you? Did you do anything special to fix the issue?
amdgpu-pro 16.40 didn't work
amdgpu-pro 16.50 worked
amdgpu-pro 16.60 don't work

However amdgpu works fine. Performance with amdgpu is quite similar to amdgpu-pro.
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ar...mesa&num=1
The problem is that the integrated GPU in my A10-7870K (R7 sea islands) does not work with amdgpu by default. I would need to compile kernel. The GPU only works when I install amdgpu-pro.
Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
amdgpu-pro0