Win Granular control of library vs files
Hi to all,
this question must have been asked before, but I didn't find any exact match, so...

I Love Kodi, and love the accuracy of the default movie scrapper, which I"m guessing nears 99% (when one has a well organized, accurately named DB)
But that 1% of movies that might have been wrongly match is enough for me to want to check my whole movie collection one by one.

I have a dual screen setup and wish to have Kodi on one side, and windows explorer on the other screen, and compare all movies to be sure they were all correctly matched.

Here's my main issue: Windows consider all instances of "the" at the begining of a movie title as is, while Kodi ignores it
For example, The Karate Kid shows up in the "The..." in windows Explorer, but shows up in the "K..." in Kodi
Multiply this by a few K's of movie and I have a huge problem in front of me.

Is there a way for me to ask Kodi to (temporarily) list movies in actual (exact) alphabetical order, without ignoring first word like "the"

Thanks in advance!
Settings -> Appearance -> File Lists -> Ignore articles when sorting <-- Turn this OFF
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks black_eagle, exactly what I was looking for, but in the wrong area...

Noticed Linux in your sig, LOL, I was running Linux for 2 years for my DB, but never got the hang of how to automount those hard drives by myself, gave up and switch back to Windoze
Consider installing Media Companion 3 (links in the support thread in the third party apps forum). It can make life easier to do what you want.

scott s.
(2016-03-27, 01:52)scott967 Wrote: Consider installing Media Companion 3 (links in the support thread in the third party apps forum). It can make life easier to do what you want.

scott s.

Scott967, belated thank you, as I just caught up now on your reply.
Media Companion looks very interesting indeed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Granular control of library vs files0