v17 Support for XBOX One Controller on Windows 10
Question 
Hi I am trying to get my XBOX One cotrollers to work with the nighlty build of KODI on my Windows 10 system. I have both old and new (with audio jack) versions and use them wired via USB.

They are both classified as 'XBOX Controller' in device manager and are working with Steam and in-game, however KODI doesn't seem to detect any of the controllers at all and the Settings->System->Input Devices-Perepherials are greyed out with or without controllers attached.

Is the support for these controllers is not built in yet or I need to do some additional steps to get them to work.

The skin I am using is Estuary.

Thanks
I'll second you on this. Running Steam or Hyperspin from Kodi, using my XBOX One controllers, then returning to Kodi is a mess... the focus is jittery and jumps all over the place. I have to remove the battery pack from the controller(s) to get Kodi usable again.
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
For me it doesn't seem to detect it at all. So I don't get any weird behaviour.
Go to my Addons and find the joystick Addon and enable it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
That worked. Thank you. I enabled Joystick support addon and restarted Kodi. After launching it again Perepherials option is enabled and both controllers are recognised as Xbox 360 compatible devices and both seem to work perfectly fine even when plugged together.
This is just to concur that something happened on a Windows 10 update (apparently) again that broke XB1 control for Kodi 16. I upgraded to the latest 17.0 alpha as of today and enabled the addon as instructed and it works like a charm.
I cannot log into the bug tracker. (Have made a domain exception, deleted previous cookies, and still get a token/cookie error message on login.)

I'd like to report a behavior problem. When using an addon such as Advanced Launcher or Launch Box's dedicated launcher that starts an external process, the joystick addon with XB1 detected as a 360 controller inappropriately controls Kodi while Kodi is not focused. This leads to normal interaction with the external program leading to random behavior by the input navigating, starting, attempting to reboot the computer, and sometimes trying to delete things. When not in focus, the listener for this function should be disabled and no inputs allowed.
I was able to log in on MS Edge. The report is here: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16719
Is support for XBOX One controllers for Windows 10 only available on Kodi 17?
Officially yes.
The menu-option does not appear in Ubuntu & I can not find the Joystick plugin. Although, I can/have installed more controllers via "Add-ons / Game add-ons / Controller profiles" without a problem.

I'm using Kodi 17.0-BETA1 Git:49ea98 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (64-bit).

I'm also using 2 controllers (that respond as expected in jstest-gtk):
1. Microsoft X-Box One S Controller [usb]
2. Honey Bee AIRFLOW (by Nyko) [usb]

This thread seems to indicate (by lack of response) that the JOYSTICK PLUGIN it isn't available for Ubuntu.
Any word on this?
(2016-05-21, 09:58)leezy88 Wrote: Is support for XBOX One controllers for Windows 10 only available on Kodi 17?

(2016-05-31, 15:09)Bedwyr Wrote: Officially yes.

I guess I will update sooner rather than later. My xbox one controller stopped working in Kodi 16 windows 10 machine. It worked fined until after the recent update. Sad
Yeah. I believe proper Xinput support is mainly a v17 feature that I think is in part thanks to support from the Retroplayer branch being incorporated back in. I don't recall whether v16 either has only directInput support (which is what Microsoft keeps breaking with their updates), partial Xinput support, or some other scheme. But only v17 has the explicit plugin for controllers capability and marks the beginning of actual Kodi XB1 support.

Double check the blog and release notes to be sure. It is very possible that I'm not recalling what's happening correctly.
I updated all of my PCs last night and the controller works well. The D pad works as well as the buttons, but the thumb sticks, shoulder buttons, and the triggers don't. Can the aforementioned by configured?
(2016-03-27, 22:46)Martijn Wrote: Go to my Addons and find the joystick Addon and enable it.

Thank you! Couldn't get my new XBone controller to work after ages of messing around with in keymaps in Jarvis. Updated to Krypton, enabled the addon and it works straight away Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for XBOX One Controller on Windows 100