What do I need to watch 1080P h.265
Hi all,

I'm thinking of repacing my Intel J1900 b-trail system with a new one that has SSD and can play h.265 video in kodi for Windows. An androidbox is not realy an option because I watch live TV with a HD homerun tuner and I need de-interlacing. I watch also a lot of DVD content. I'm not planning to watch 4k the next years. I recently bought a full HD tv. Now I do'nt know what system to buy. A nuc I3/I5 is not fanless and maybe a bit of an overkill. The ZOTAC ZBOX C series CI320 Nano has a brasswell CPU.Will that be enough to watch 1080p h.265 10 bits vieo? In other words, will this system match te needs for the next 3 years? Happy easter and best regards, Simon de Waal, the Netherlands
(2016-03-27, 16:40)simon1980 Wrote: Hi all,

I'm thinking of repacing my Intel J1900 b-trail system with a new one that has SSD and can play h.265 video in kodi for Windows. An androidbox is not realy an option because I watch live TV with a HD homerun tuner and I need de-interlacing.
Don't discount AMLogic Android boxes. They have good quality hardware deinterlacing in Android (and the Wetek Core can dual boot into OpenElec)

Quote:I watch also a lot of DVD content.
Interlaced DVD content (concerts, entertainment etc.) may be a problem with AMLogic, but most other stuff is fine. Interlaced MPEG2 TV is fine (it's just the VOB container that causes issues)
Quote:I'm not planning to watch 4k the next years. I recently bought a full HD tv. Now I do'nt know what system to buy. A nuc I3/I5 is not fanless and maybe a bit of an overkill. The ZOTAC ZBOX C series CI320 Nano has a brasswell CPU.Will that be enough to watch 1080p h.265 10 bits vieo? In other words, will this system match te needs for the next 3 years? Happy easter and best regards, Simon de Waal, the Netherlands

The Wetek Core will do Netflix 1080p (though no Dolby 5.1 audio) and play 8-bit 1080p HEVC, H264, VC-1 and MPEG2. It also now does HD Audio bitstreaming.

Or you can go x86. Braswells will do HEVC 1080p 8 bit too (and in Windows should do Netflix 1080p with Dolby 5.1), will do all MPEG2 (no DVD issues ), but VC-1 interlaced (occasional TV Blu-ray releases in Europe and concerts/sport) won't work properly under Linux (They're fine in Windows) You'll get HD Audio in Linux, but will need to decode to 5.1/7.1 PCM losslessly for HD Audio in Windows (no HD Audio driver support in Windows)

3 years is a very long time. None of us are fortune tellers. The one issue that could rear its head is 10 bit HEVC. Braswell is 8-bit only (and Intel 10 bit support is a little way away). The Core is also 8-bit only.

AMLogic S905 devices have 10 bit HEVC support (my Odroid C2 is playing 2160p with 10 bit HEVC)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What do I need to watch 1080P h.2650