MQ6 on nVidia Shield ?
I have recently turned my HTPC into a standalone server and bought an nVidia shield to take it's place.

Only thing I am missing is my MQ6 ! Which I miss like mad !

I am using SPMC as it appears to be the only one that allows framerate switching and also passthrough audio on an Android device.

I have tried 2 of the modded MQ6 skins from this forum, but both say they do not meet dependencies or something like that when I try to install from zip....

Does anyone by any chance know what these dependencies are ? So I can download and install them first ? I am guessing once I have these dependencies that the skin itself will install just fine after ?

Appreciate any advice and pointers. Thanks guys.
Dependencies differ depending on which Kodi version you have so you have to install the skin for the correct Kodi version you are running.

EG, you can't install a skin for Isengard(15) in Jarvis (16) etc
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Yes I know that. The version of the skin I am trying to install has been modded to work with Jarvis, which is what I am running.

Just missing the dependencies...... At least I think.....
Hmm well I'm running Jarvis and Angelinas version of MQ6.

Perhaps a http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug_log when you try to install will show what is happening.
And how do you get to that on an Android device ?
Click the link I posted, click 'Easy', follow the instructions Smile
@ Earwig

Have you figured this out? I'm waiting for my Shield and one of my concerns is how to use my all-time favorite skin, Aeon, and its latest release.
Here are some tips to help you,

1. Download a Jarvis capable version of the Skin.

2. Place it on a thumbdrive.

3. Insert the thumbdrive in the Shield TV.

4. Install the Skin using the Kodi (or SPMC) Add-On, install from Zip.

5. Be patient, as it takes a bit for all the add-on's in the Aeon 6 skin to load.

I've done this myself (on my Shield TV), and it worked great, but you have to be patient with the install, as I said, there are a lot of add-on's that get installed with the skin. Also, if you have the 16gig model, expect to add additional internal storage (USB flash drive, or external SSD drive), as you will run out of space fast.
I'm using MQ7 Beta with Jarvis and SPMC, so I don't think your problem is related to SPMC or Android

Kr

Max

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ6 on nVidia Shield ?0