Fire TV 1080i live TV Issue
(2016-03-30, 04:20)wrxtasy Wrote: Of course you can turn off deinterlacing completely and then enjoy the lovely Video Combing effect when the camera pans about !

Though this will not be an issue on 2:2 25p content in a 50i interlaced stream (i.e. Movies/Drama etc. in 50Hz countries on DVD or Live/Recorded TV) - as there is no intra-frame motion (i.e. both fields are from the same frame and thus won't comb).

It will definitely be an issue on native interlaced content (or content shot at 50Hz/59.94Hz progressive and then interlaced), and can be an issue when watching 3:2 24p content in a 60i wrapper. Although a 24p source is natively progressive, when it is 3:2 pulled down to 60i you get some video frames with the two fields in a 60i video frame sourced from two different 24p source frames, which can have motion between them.
Thanks for all the suggestions.
I recently switched my backend to tvheadend from serverwmc.
The issue was exactly the same, recordings play with very few dropped frames, but Live has some noticeable (especially when watching sports).
The other day my fire tv updated and firestarter was removed.
I've made no changes, but it seems to actually have helped KODI's live TV streaming.
Could be a total coincidence, but I didn't know if the OS update or launcher removal could actually have an effect?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV 1080i live TV Issue0