Incorrect number of shows
For some reason Kodi is now reporting an incorrect number of shows for a lot of my TV shows. EG it thinks there are 166 unwatched episodes of 24, when in fact there are 24 (1 season). Setting all seasons to be watched, and then unwatched doesn't help. Its like there are a lot of phantom shows somewhere.
I've cleaned and rescanned the database, but no change. I don't really want to dump the database and start over as that means losing all the watched show flags.
Any ideas why this would start to happen?

This started when I was on 15.2 running under Kodibuntu, but even upgrading to 16 hasn't changed this.
You aren't using a shared database by any chance and running MariaDB ?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
I don't think so. It is a dedicated Kodibuntu machine, so I can't see that it's shared. I have no idea if it is running MariaDB - it's a straight Kodibuntu install.
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue on a standalone KodiBuntu box.
No, never did. It's bloody annoying.
The only thing I found I could do is remove the tv shows folder from Kodi, then reset the content and rescan... i.e. start over.
It then finds everything correctly but of course you lose ALL your watched flags. Its a real pain in the keister.

The wierd thing is that I use the Kodi remote from my iphone and it doesn't have the same problem...so the database is just totally out of whack.
I have ran into this issue when using the Trakt plugin to sync from trakt online to the Kodi DB. Never solved it, besides never syncing from Trakt to kodi, only kodi to trakt.

But ya deleting the show and rescan solves it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Incorrect number of shows0