Mini M8S (AmlogicS905) 2GB RAM 8GB ROM(eMMC) WiFi/BT remote/power SPDIF $36.99/£25.64
For a bit of info kszaq has configured this LE image to use the very conservative HotPlug CPU Governor:
https://github.com/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv/bl....conf#L376

I would say this has been done incase the AML SoC on these cheap S905 boxes has an insufficient Heatsink (very likely) to dissipate heat.
You can push the box a bit further with Performance mode:

Code:
ssh [email protected]
echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

Disclaimer here... I bear no responsibility for hardware failures, floods, earthquakes, tempests OR your Footy team loosing an important match Wink

I assume to return back to kszaq defaults you would need to run or can i just flash the firmware again?

Code:
echo hotplug > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
The echo variable can be change like you have done above back to original hotplug.

It will not survive a reboot. If needed the entire command can to be put in the autostart.sh file that executes every reboot.

Code:
nano /storage/.config/autostart.sh
CTRL-X to exit.

chmod +x /storage/.config/autostart.sh
to set execute permissions

I dont see a difference with the governor change, cpu and temps seem normal that 10bit anime file still lags under software.

Any way to check if the governor has in fact changed? I'm running from SD card for testing before i change on NAND so it does not matter if it messes up.

While i have you attention kszaq builds has 1 major issue which is ram management, after playing a few videos and just using the box, ram slowly increases but never decreases which leads to a frozen box. He has been trying to fix this but hasn't gotten far or just didn't have time.

Is this the case on your C2 builds or can you help us and see if this can be resolved?
To check the Guv'nr:
Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

RAM management is beyond my paygrade, I let the device tree blob (.dtb) and Kernel nerds deal with that Wink
C2 running LE seems fine, HardKernel would likely have fixed any issue like that.

Hi please i need the certificate ce of this product the customs requested it pleaaase i need it the quickest possible
(2016-08-04, 13:35)abdomsr Wrote: Hi please i need the certificate ce of this product the customs requested it pleaaase i need it the quickest possible

Ask your seller
(2016-08-04, 13:35)abdomsr Wrote: Hi please i need the certificate ce of this product the customs requested it pleaaase i need it the quickest possible

Most likely, it doesn't exist. Getting that CE certification costs money, and most of the cheap boxes don't bother doing any of that. Customers has your box now.
(2016-08-05, 09:30)Ned Scott Wrote:

Most likely, it doesn't exist. Getting that CE certification costs money, and most of the cheap boxes don't bother doing any of that. Customers has your box now.

it has a certificate ce and other certificate like ROHS and another one
i have get the tv box thanks for the help
but i'm wondering about how to turn it off is there any system option or do i just have to cut the electrecity of it
please can you guys recommend for me some good games to play in the tv box i have alrealy the controller thanks in advance
Anyone know if there's a build of OpenELEC I can run on this model?
Ideally a version with isengard or krypton & not jarvis.
(2016-08-05, 15:38)abdomsr Wrote:
(2016-08-05, 09:30)Ned Scott Wrote:

it has a certificate ce and other certificate like ROHS and another one
i have get the tv box thanks for the help
but i'm wondering about how to turn it off is there any system option or do i just have to cut the electrecity of it

Probably isn't a CE certificate more likely a China export mark. Google them both there isn't much difference in the mark
Or sometimes they just fake certification marks ;)
i think the certificate wasn't fake i have give it to the customs and get the tv box
i have a Xiaomi controller can you please guys suggest for me some good games to play with it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini M8S (AmlogicS905) 2GB RAM 8GB ROM(eMMC) WiFi/BT remote/power SPDIF $36.99/£25.640