Help Choosing Device
Hi All,

I delved into the Pick the Right box thread but wanted to get a wider audience so hope you don't mind me asking the question in here.

I already have a Tronsmart MXIII Plus which is doing the job for me in the living room but im looking for another device for a different room.

I have the following requirements:

- box will be situated behind the TV out of line of sight so an air remote is a must (whether it be included or buy separately)
- i will generally be using it for Kodi watching sports and movies
- i would also like apps such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 etc. For catchup TV
- ideally i would like to spend less than £60 if possible

At first I was edging towards the Amazon Fire TV 2 as it was on offer at £65 and seemed to meet everything i needed but after reading some concerns with it running Kodi and also the fact that you are stuck with Amazon firmware i decided against it.

I was then looking into boxes that can dual boot openelec (for kodi) and android for my catchup apps but can only find the Wetek Core (at £100) which is over budget and not sure if its 'too good' for what i need?

I am also looking into the idea of getting a S905 or S812 box either:
- using Android (can you please recommend good brands that regularly update etc.
- or, one that allows openelec installation

If anyone can offer any suggestions on something to fit my needs it would be much appreciated.
Will double check - but the first time I tried running the iPlayer Android App on the Wetek Core it wouldn't run and crashed in the BBC Media Player.
Thanks noggin. In the end ive gone for a beelink s905 device that there is openelec firmware for so will run kodi off that. My samsung tv has all the apps i need so hopefully should all work out okay

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Choosing Device0