Bug Kodi 16.0 show green screen when playing video files
I am using Windows 2012 R2 Standard, i7 4770.
I used Kodi 15.2 for a while and everything is ok.

These days I upgraded Kodi to 16.0 but when I play videos, it has this issue:
Video begins but the screen shows green only;
Audio is OK;
Menu is OK.

I tried to:
restart computer
reinstall Kodi 16.0
uninstall and install 16.0
upgrade display card driver
all is no luck.

I install 15.2 back now and the playing is ok.
It's possible your graphic card is not compatible with DX11 graphics. You might want to do a DX11 MS install if your gfx card is compatible, if not stick with 15.2
Try -settings/Video/acceleration/ and turn off Hardware Acceleration DXVA2........hope I named the directories right as I'm on Swedish version....anyhow you turn off DXVA2 as your graphic card may not suport it, Else I only know off a clean install and the removal off the Kodi Folder in directory c:/Users/"YourUserName"/AppData/Roaming.......before installing Kodi again......If this do not help then I have no clue...Hope it solve your problem......or as post above stay on 15.2 if my suggestion do nothing.
leave dxva2 enabled. instead set "software" under "render method", that solves your problem. onother option is to try out kodi 16.1 rc2, it could be that this version has a fix for that problem.
(2016-04-01, 09:01)ThePoetStefan Wrote: Try -settings/Video/acceleration/ and turn off Hardware Acceleration DXVA2........hope I named the directories right as I'm on Swedish version....anyhow you turn off DXVA2 as your graphic card may not suport it, Else I only know off a clean install and the removal off the Kodi Folder in directory c:/Users/"YourUserName"/AppData/Roaming.......before installing Kodi again......If this do not help then I have no clue...Hope it solve your problem......or as post above stay on 15.2 if my suggestion do nothing.

Turn off DXVA2 solved my issue.

My graphic card is integrated in CPU, Intel 4600

Thanks a lot
(2016-04-01, 05:51)PatK Wrote: It's possible your graphic card is not compatible with DX11 graphics. You might want to do a DX11 MS install if your gfx card is compatible, if not stick with 15.2

Thanks and turning off DXVA2 helps.
(2016-04-01, 10:33)Ed76 Wrote: leave dxva2 enabled. instead set "software" under "render method", that solves your problem. onother option is to try out kodi 16.1 rc2, it could be that this version has a fix for that problem.

Tried set to software but no luck.
Turning off DXVA2 helps.

Thanks.
(2016-04-01, 10:33)Ed76 Wrote: leave dxva2 enabled. instead set "software" under "render method", that solves your problem. onother option is to try out kodi 16.1 rc2, it could be that this version has a fix for that problem.

Ed76 you are the muthaf@%king MAN! I have been googling and youtubing this drama for about 4 hours trying to get the rugby sevens going! Luckily I hadn't started reinstalling and trying other versions. I've got a fairly old PC running Vista but System Info says I'm running Direct X 11 so I thought it should work. Every solution I found was the same, "turn off DXVA2", no good for me but "software / render method" all good brutha!. I just had to close down my video add-on and restart!! Anyway all good - I joined up on the forum just to say THANKS!

PS: I am actually running Kodi 16.1 NOT 16.0, Vista Build 6002, GPA Intel Q35.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16.0 show green screen when playing video files0