• 150(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
(2017-03-17, 02:34)DjDiabolik Wrote:
(2017-03-17, 00:20)jdf76 Wrote: Has anyone had any issues with the latest version of Youtube plugin before i push it to the Kodi Repo?

Jeff
There's 5.3.12 the latest or there exist some version "latest.zip" like it's been released here in the recent pass ?

It's the latest but it hasn't been pushed to the Kodi Repository because i want to be absolutely sure it works the way it's supposed to, since more people hit that repo up.

Jeff
(2015-02-28, 00:15)bromix Wrote: Maybe I'm doing something wrong
  1. Clear the current playlist for videos
  2. Add each video (Plugin-URL) to the current video playlist
  3. Do nothing after that, because XBMC/KODI is loading the second video

I don't no why, but XBMC/KODI is playing the second video of the playlist...something I doing wrong?

(2015-02-28, 00:04)bromix Wrote:
(2015-02-27, 21:44)tvlover2013 Wrote: @ Bromix

Using your add-ons to play a playlist option with default setting and the add-ons start with 2nd video clip instead of 1st clip. Running on XBMC Gotham. TIA

Okay...I don't even start the player...I just add the videos to the current playlist...XBMC/KODI is running the show after that Sad is this a bug? Because the order is correct.

tested with:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PL57hJfweW_2sv1WtKWyFiua5r0QivDTZl

(2016-08-29, 16:22)tim619 Wrote: This bug still exists on kodi 16.1, as a workaround I duplicate the first item in a playlist...

(2016-12-02, 11:35)anakill Wrote: Hello,

I'm facing an issue with sharing YouTube playlist from yatse to kodi.
When the playlist starts to play, it skips to video n°2 automatically after 2 or 3 seconds, so video n°1 is not fully played.

Any help?

I'm not sure how this can still be an issue after two years, but it is. Log
(2017-03-17, 08:21)jdf76 Wrote:
(2017-03-17, 02:02)teeedubb Wrote: Hi jdf,

My history is not displaying anything in 5.3.12, neither videos played through kodi or played on other devices. Not sure if it worked in prior version as I have only started using the kodi Youtube Addon recently. I didnt see anything in the first page about any additional steps to set it up, just the bit about custom history.

Youtube's API doesn't support history or Watch Later, so you have to setup your own playlists and it will use them. It's a work around.

jeff

Thanks for the clarification.
(2017-03-17, 08:21)jdf76 Wrote: Youtube's API doesn't support history or Watch Later, so you have to setup your own playlists and it will use them. It's a work around.

Never understood the API change myself.
(2017-03-17, 10:52)franka Wrote: I'm not sure how this can still be an issue after two years, but it is. Log

Unfortunately i don't have an answer for you. If someone comes up with an answer they'll post it here.

Sorry.
Well since i've not heard anyone complaining i'm going to submit to Kodi Repository.

PR #1055
(2017-03-17, 08:22)jdf76 Wrote:
(2017-03-17, 02:34)DjDiabolik Wrote:
(2017-03-17, 00:20)jdf76 Wrote: Has anyone had any issues with the latest version of Youtube plugin before i push it to the Kodi Repo?

Jeff
There's 5.3.12 the latest or there exist some version "latest.zip" like it's been released here in the recent pass ?

It's the latest but it hasn't been pushed to the Kodi Repository because i want to be absolutely sure it works the way it's supposed to, since more people hit that repo up.

Jeff
Ah ok... at this point i thinks i have obtain it directly from official youtube repo Smile
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
(2017-03-17, 10:52)franka Wrote:

I don't no why, but XBMC/KODI is playing the second video of the playlist...something I doing wrong?

(2015-02-28, 00:04)bromix Wrote: Okay...I don't even start the player...I just add the videos to the current playlist...XBMC/KODI is running the show after that Sad is this a bug? Because the order is correct.

tested with:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PL57hJfweW_2sv1WtKWyFiua5r0QivDTZl

(2016-08-29, 16:22)tim619 Wrote: This bug still exists on kodi 16.1, as a workaround I duplicate the first item in a playlist...

When the playlist starts to play, it skips to video n°2 automatically after 2 or 3 seconds, so video n°1 is not fully played.

Any help?

same issue here. the first video in a playlist only plays for about 2 seconds then it skips to the next video
(2017-03-18, 22:23)luciferus Wrote:
(2017-03-17, 10:52)franka Wrote:

Any help?

same issue here. the first video in a playlist only plays for about 2 seconds then it skips to the next video

Can you post the playlist (make sure it's usable by public).

Jeff
The 5.3.12 produces a crash of kodi for me on Fedora.
The last working was 5.3.10, thus the started when simple_request was replaced by script.module.request.
Using it brings back the old 'InternalError: Unknown OpenSSL error. [...]'.
Not investigating the reason I can catch this in script.module.request __init__.py by changing 'except ImportError' just to 'except', but it needs a proper handling

Is there already any solution to this waiting in updates?
(2017-03-18, 22:42)prudy Wrote: The 5.3.12 produces a crash of kodi for me on Fedora.
The last working was 5.3.10, thus the started when simple_request was replaced by script.module.request.
Using it brings back the old 'InternalError: Unknown OpenSSL error. [...]'.
Not investigating the reason I can catch this in script.module.request __init__.py by changing 'except ImportError' just to 'except', but it needs a proper handling

Is there already any solution to this waiting in updates?
Im using an enigma2-version and its crashing either. Last working version confirmed is 5.3.10.
I also am having issues with the YouTube 5.3.12 add-on installed on Kodi 17.1-RC1 running on Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS Kernel 4.4.0-67-generic. Last working version was 5.3.10.

Here is a debug log at level 2: http://pastebin.com/HdZcCzRd
And here is a debug log at level 3: http://pastebin.com/im1DQgWX

All is well until I try to load the add-on --- either through the Kodi interface or by sending a video URL through JSONRPC. Then Kodi completely crashes/exits. Kodi also crashes on the next start after a crash has occurred. On the second start after a crash, Kodi is able to start normally until attempting to utilize the YouTube add-on.

I tried installing the InputStream Adaptive add-on but, that didn't help any. Hope these logs help.
I'm using Kodi 17 in Linux Mint 18.1 and Youtube plugin 5.3.12. Kodi completely locks up when trying to play a video. Installing InputStream Adaptive didn't solve the issue.

http://pastebin.com/vaMhV4PU
https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...tag/Latest

Added Automatically play suggested videos if needed from mehdilauters

Nightly
(2017-03-17, 08:21)jdf76 Wrote:
(2017-03-17, 02:02)teeedubb Wrote: Hi jdf,

My history is not displaying anything in 5.3.12, neither videos played through kodi or played on other devices. Not sure if it worked in prior version as I have only started using the kodi Youtube Addon recently. I didnt see anything in the first page about any additional steps to set it up, just the bit about custom history.

Youtube's API doesn't support history or Watch Later, so you have to setup your own playlists and it will use them. It's a work around.

jeff

hmm, if YouTube's API changed, why does the YouTube add-on still work perfectly with old versions of Kodi?

I have an old RPi-2 I never updated with Kodi 14.2 on it. Watch Later, History and everything works perfectly. It even added API keys automatically.

Don't think I'm ever going to upgrade as long as the YouTube add-on is still semi-broken for newer versions of Kodi.
  • 150(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12