Jarvis font render issue
Developers are in scarce supply atm, from what I hear, there is only 1 working on the windows build and most of us would rather have Krypton, than Jarvis. If you want to ignore your own good advice and keep swinging the dead cat around your head by the tail, it's a free forum.

Put on your coding hat and dive in, we all wait with bated breath for your fixes.
Fixing someone else's failures isn't what I consider worth my time. I posted the thread (and details about the issue) for the entity responsible to take a look at their own code. Only 1 developer for Windows? That's fine, actually. That means there's only 1 person "at fault".

I have yet to install any of the early versions of Krypton. Considering the issues (not just the font rendering on that laptop) that I see in Jarvis, I guess I shouldn't be surprised by a push for the next version. That's how Microsoft works, anyway. Don't fully fix the code before working on the next version, include fixes in the next to push people to upgrade. In fact, the next version will often introduce new bugs in areas that worked perfectly in the old version. That's worked so well for Microsoft, so why shouldn't the Kodi developers follow their example?

For the record, I was not ignoring my own advice. Isengard isn't perfect, but it doesn't have the font rendering issue. As such, of course, I'm using 15.2 on that laptop. I still think Jarvis should be fixed, though. You consider Jarvis to be a "dead cat", but 16.0 is currently the stable release version with 16.1 "on deck". As for 17.0, it's not even considered a beta, yet.
If you don't like it use something else.
You don't find it worth your time fixing something then devs shouldn't even been bothered fixing your edge case or whatever issue you have. Not worth the reading time.

If you are going to bitch towards developers who put in a shitload of their free time then I suggest you leave immediately.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-04-11, 07:27)Martijn Wrote: If you don't like it use something else.
You don't find it worth your time fixing something then devs shouldn't even been bothered fixing your edge case or whatever issue you have. Not worth the reading time.

If you are going to bitch towards developers who put in a shitload of their free time then I suggest you leave immediately.

Not worth my time because I'm not an active developer with working knowledge of the inner working of the program. I have other responsibilities and have better things to do with my free time. Even now, I'm wasting time that should be spent on other tasks by answering your condescending post.

My "edge case"? I would like to suggest that you use the search function for these forums, just so you could find out that I'm not all that unique on finding issues in Jarvis. I'm not unique on finding a font rendering issue (I linked the Android thread into this one). Should I point to the DX11 test thread which, as I recall, has another post by someone else stating there are other issues going on with Jarvis since the DX11 update? Is it "my job" to take developers by the hand and point out every thread they don't notice? Funny. Users are scorned for their failure to use the search function. I used it before making my own thread. No Windows thread had been created or showed up when I checked for "font render", so I provided more than what was requested of the Android "victims" (I provided a debug log, still image, and even a video).

Still, the very first team member in this thread is what you posted. No developer asked me to try a certain setting. No test version offered. Nothing was said by any team member until I pointed out that it wasn't required of me to fix what I didn't write. I was already considering the roll back to 15.2 when I started this thread. Thanks to "-p", I have both 15.2 and 16.1 RC2 currently installed. I'd like to see an RC3 with some UI fixes, at least one of which isn't unique to one platform. Because of your post, coupled with the comment from someone else stating the same thing, I suspect certain issues to go "as-is" into 17.0, even though at least one of them may be older than 15.x and is still around.

There is an old saying: if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. If you can't take criticism of the project you work on, maybe you should "leave immediately."

Just as an FYI, there was no need to use foul language.
I just wanted to say that I recently updated my driver to adrenaline 22.9.2 and by chance I just launched kodi to discover that the character corruption issue has gone away for me in 19.4 so I don't know how it might affect earlier versions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jarvis font render issue0