how to actually install Kodi after cross-compiling?
(2016-04-16, 00:18)greenbag Wrote: I'm just not sure why you'd want to disable debugging... unless that's debugging the compile, and not debugging in Kodi itself.

You obviously want --disable-debug for a release build. Debugging disables a lot of optimisations, so produces a slower kodi.
try it again from scratch then.
(2016-04-16, 14:32)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-04-16, 00:18)greenbag Wrote: I'm just not sure why you'd want to disable debugging... unless that's debugging the compile, and not debugging in Kodi itself.

You obviously want --disable-debug for a release build. Debugging disables a lot of optimisations, so produces a slower kodi.

I guess I thought disabling it would disable the ability to debug within kodi itself... ie: debug logs. If it disables optimizations, then that's a bad thing.. lol. I'm putting it back in. Tongue

Does running strip doing anything to optimizations?
(2016-04-16, 14:32)popcornmix Wrote:

Ok... I seriously need new glasses. Either that or dyslexia's setting in.

Debugging = big, and strips optimizations.
(2016-04-16, 15:24)greenbag Wrote: Does running strip doing anything to optimizations?

No. It removes debug and symbolic sections from executable which may make debugging (e.g. crash dumps) less useful. It won't affect speed of Kodi.
--disable-debug affects compiler flags. It won't stop normal debug log from working.
All major distributions (OpenELEC/LibreELEC/OSMC) build with --disable-debug and have working logging.
Thanks. I don't know how I misread that earlier. Getting old sucks. Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to actually install Kodi after cross-compiling?0