MythTV is COOL
This isn't a question, just a opinion. Been messing with myth on a VM for little bit now. And after messing with WMC for years now, I am wishing I gone to Myth much earlier. The flexibility thus far is just cool. And setup is not anywhere as bad as some forums made it out to be. What amazes me more, is it really doesn't use as much power, space and memory as I thought it would, Even with 4 tuners, a transcoding to NAS setup.

Kudos also go out to the developers of the kodi ad-don, Once its setup up properly it really seems to work well.

To anyone tempted to jump the WMC ship, Give it a try. For me, It really seems to function hands down much better and efficient than WMC.

Anyways, I greatly appreciate you folks in this forum, Many of your past posts were instrumental in me finding answers to many of the questions I had while setting it up. Cool
Yeah I have never used anything but mythtv. I have tried WMC, I have played with TVHeadend. I looked into VDR. But mythtv is always working, always doing it's thing.

They have a great supportive email list too.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Are you still using it in a VM? My tuners are HD Homerun Prime network tuners. Just wondering if they will work with mythtv in a vm
Primes should work in a VM. PCI or USB based tuners are less likely to be reliable.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No I'm not using VM anymore. However, I'm confident prime will great for you in a VM.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV is COOL0