tv channel data exchange DVBViewer-kodi
How does kodi get the channel information from the DVBViewer backend?
Which DVBViewer configuration file does kodi access to build up its channel data?

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and therefore lost the windows media player.
Now I use the DVBViewer with its Recording Service and Kodi instead together with my DVB-C Digital Devices Cine-CT-TV-Card-V6.1
I installed and configured the DVBViewer and then Kodi on one local PC (client=server).

The tv-channels were automatically grouped (3 numeric digit group names) and ordered as they were found during the DVBViewer channel search.
Kodi found and showed these groups and channels respectively. TV and recording works.

After that I deleted several channels and sorted the left ones within the DVBViewer editor in two groups: {non-HD; HD}.
I want to provide the new tv channel selection, groups and channel ordering to kodi, but did not manage it so far.Sad
I deleted the kodi channel data, re-installed and re-configured the DVBViewer and again deleted the kodi channel data.
I selected within the kodi configuration
- Synchronize channel groups with backend
- Use channel ordering of the backend
and tried the opposite selections.
I also experienced with "Use channel numbers of backend", but decided to keep it de-selected.

Kodi seems to keep the groups, channels and channel ordering as after the very first installation.

Any idea, why?
Thank you for your hints

Mike
(2016-04-07, 00:40)Desp5634 Wrote: How does kodi get the channel information from the DVBViewer backend?
Which DVBViewer configuration file does kodi access to build up its channel data?
http://en.dvbviewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Service_API

(2016-04-07, 00:40)Desp5634 Wrote: Kodi seems to keep the groups, channels and channel ordering as after the very first installation.
You need to restart the recording service after every change in your channellist. See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221531 -> "I've added some new channels but they don't appear in Kodi".

In case some channels get mixed up inside Kodi resetting the TV database comes to your rescue.
Thank you, manül, for your quick response and help.

Explicitly restarting the recording service works.
I had read this in the FAQs before my request,
but since I had restarted the PC several times,
I thought, this would effect the same as restarting the recording service explicitly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tv channel data exchange DVBViewer-kodi0