problem with system encoding
I wrote an addon and its works great on my pc
but on my other pc its just stuck on working

heres the log
Quote:12:52:34 T:4988 ERROR: CPythonInvoker::addPath: can't convert UTF-8 path "C:\Users\voyo1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\??plugin.video.hindiM4U" to system encoding
12:52:34 T:4988 ERROR: CPythonInvoker(12, C:\Users\voyo1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\??plugin.video.hindiM4U\main.py): can't convert filename "C:\Users\voyo1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\??plugin.video.hindiM4U\main.py" to system encoding
12:52:34 T:4252 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.hindiM4U/
12:52:34 T:4252 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.hindiM4U/) failed
12:52:54 T:4536 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Timeout was reached(28)
12:52:54 T:4536 ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0 for http://localhost:65251/repository/scakem...ns.xml.md5
12:52:54 T:4536 ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <http://localhost:65251/repository/scakemyer/plugin.video.quasar/addons.xml.md5>
12:52:54 T:4536 ERROR: CRepositoryUpdateJob[repository.quasar] failed read checksum for directory 'http://localhost:65251/repository/scakemyer/plugin.video.quasar/addons.xml'
12:52:56 T:4252 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.hindiM4U/
12:52:56 T:4252 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.hindiM4U/) failed

It seems that kodi doesnt works with the given system encoding and i tried to change all paths to utf-8 but that didnt worked
help?
(2016-04-08, 12:02)ClownCrown Wrote:
Quote:12:52:34 T:4988 ERROR: CPythonInvoker::addPath: can't convert UTF-8 path "C:\Users\voyo1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\??plugin.video.hindiM4U" to system encoding

doublecheck if the folder is actualled called plugin.video.hindiM4U
the two questionmarks before it seems to indicate it's not. i think...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-04-08, 18:21)ronie Wrote:
(2016-04-08, 12:02)ClownCrown Wrote:

doublecheck if the folder is actualled called plugin.video.hindiM4U
the two questionmarks before it seems to indicate it's not. i think...

its doesnt seem to be the case
the name is as written
its a encoding problem that i cant understand
Solution anyone?
(2016-04-23, 12:07)ClownCrown Wrote: Solution anyone?

not sure what the issue is, but you do know that when you download zip from your github account, it has some gibberish characters in front of zip file.
another issue is, your addon.xml lists few imports with their versions (common is 2.0.1). but this version is not available on kodi repository ( only 2.0.0 is), so you need to change that or user would have to manually find that version and install it before installing your addon. I say fix these small stuff and see where it goes from there on.
(2016-04-25, 17:51)yocoldrain Wrote:

not sure what the issue is, but you do know that when you download zip from your github account, it has some gibberish characters in front of zip file.
another issue is, your addon.xml lists few imports with their versions (common is 2.0.1). but this version is not available on kodi repository ( only 2.0.0 is), so you need to change that or user would have to manually find that version and install it before installing your addon. I say fix these small stuff and see where it goes from there on.

okay
i have no clue why these gibberish characters appears
except it, i fixed the rest.
seem like the gibberish is the problem cause i made another zip with different folder and it worked!
thanks a bunch!!
As you are here already, does htmllib5 works faster for you? i see you use it in ditto and i read it pretty slow
(2016-04-25, 23:33)ClownCrown Wrote:
(2016-04-25, 17:51)yocoldrain Wrote:

okay
i have no clue why these gibberish characters appears
except it, i fixed the rest.
seem like the gibberish is the problem cause i made another zip with different folder and it worked!
thanks a bunch!!
As you are here already, does htmllib5 works faster for you? i see you use it in ditto and i read it pretty slow

no, I don't use html5lib anymore. I did in beginning, but since moved to just using regex and luckily site doesn't change whole lot for regex to break.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problem with system encoding0