Smart TV with Kodi
Hi guys,
I am planning to buy new a smart TV, honestly I don't know which one is the best one and I can Install Kodi without any issues in 2016Huh.
my plan is to buy any 55 inch smart TV.
so what is your advice ?

thanks,
my advice will be to buy a good TV (smart or otherwise) and to use a TV box/Mini PC for Kodi.
think about it this way: the TV you'll keep for several years, and you can change the mini PC every year to get better performance.
Mike
Yes. However I would suggest ensuring your Smart TV can do Netflix and Amazon Prime if you want to watch those sources. If you can remove those from the Kodi equation you have a much wider choice of platforms for your Kodi box.

If you DO buy an Android TV (Android TVs are the only ones that may run Kodi) - expect some compromises (they are seldom as fast or as high performance as separate boxes, and will probably have audio restrictions as well as running at a fixed frame rate - usually 60p)
Many thanks that's sound good and reasonableSmile.
(2016-04-09, 09:34)noggin Wrote: Yes. However I would suggest ensuring your Smart TV can do Netflix and Amazon Prime if you want to watch those sources. If you can remove those from the Kodi equation you have a much wider choice of platforms for your Kodi box.

I STRONGLY agree with this because if you get a 4K TV with HDR you are going to want to watch the HDR content from Netflix and Amazon Prime, and (correct me if I'm wrong) I don't think any boxes that run Kodi right now will do HDR. I have not seen HDR myself but people say it's just spectacular.

I'm saving up for a 4K HDR set and was thinking the same as you, might as well get a Kodi box bulit in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart TV with Kodi0