remote works in Ubuntu, not in Kodi
I have a Hauppauge HVR-950Q usb tuner unit, with Ubuntu 14.04. The remote works out of the box in Ubuntu, without lirc, but some keys don't work in Kodi.. like the volume keys. I tried installing lirc, but my device isn't in the list of hardware options in the config screen. I tried just adding the Lircmap.xml and remote.xml to .kodi and pointing /etc/lirc/lircd.conf to a Hauppauge-350.conf file, which seems to work with OpenELEC, but then I lose all control of the remote.. nothing works.

It kinda works without lirc, then doesn't work with lirc. I tried adding my Lircmap.xml and remote.xml to the Kodi source and compiling them right into Kodi itself.. it didn't change a thing. I'm completely lost.

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.
Well.. I've re-installed lirc, and I managed to identify the remote as /dev/input/event3 in lirc's hardware.conf, but I can't map the keys. Nothing I do to the config files changes the actions of the remote. Either it works as bad as it does without lirc, or it doesn't work at all. I'm wondering if this is a permissions issue, just as the keyboard needed permissions set to fully function while in Kodi. I created the group "input" and put myself in it.. that's what fixed the keyboard, but that should have fixed the remote as well.. if that was the case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remote works in Ubuntu, not in Kodi0