Solved delay when searching ...
normally I use tmm locally on a linux laptop eg. for looking up tmm database without my mediaserver running (where all the movies/nfos etc. reside) -
since 2.7.4. searching for a movie in the search line is sometimes delayed when typing about 3-5 seconds -
to me it seems tmm is trying to connect to the server for some reason ... when the server is up and running there's no delay;

not a big issue however sometimes annoying - can I change anything in my setup to avoid this?
do you have the image cache activated/built up?
everytime you press a key in the search bar, the focus of the active movie gets reset and tmm tries to load the artwork for the movie. If you don't have the image cache, tmm fails to load it from the network and this causes some timeouts which delays your search

btw: I've the same setup at home and everything works with active image cache
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Manuel,

indeed it was the image cache - in fact it was activated, but after deleting and rebuilding the cache the delay is gone now ... perfect!
few day ago I changed something in my samba setup maybe it did not rebuild correctly.

thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
delay when searching ...0