• 16(current)
WIP Krypton Testing branch
I have a question, not a huge deal, but OCD kicking in... Using Amber on Krypton (and any other version) On Home it displays "TV shows" How can I edit it to show "TV Shows" with the capital "S"

Thanks much!
(2017-01-07, 08:25)htpcero Wrote: - AFTER playing back one or two youtube videos and returning to the GUI, Amber's GUI elements start to flicker in a bizarre way, displaying triangular artifacts, especially in the areas of the screen that are being updated e.g. where there is scrolling text; the only fix is to restart Kodi; the GUI becomes unusable
At first I thought this was a video driver or video player-related problem, started to look for bugs and commits to Kodi that looked related - after noticing some improvement in RC3 over RC1. Found some, built and tested many kodi versions, had some discussions with devs.

Then by pure chance I reverted to Estuary and the issues were all gone. Then back to Amber, the issues were back after playing back one youtube or vimeo video. Then tested Confluence: no issues. This seems to be Amber-specific, perhaps Amber is triggering some underlying Krypton bug with skins, that other skins do not trigger, after video playback ends.
Hardware: Intel SOC (Baytrail), Software: Linux/Fedora 25 (server), Kodi 17 (from Alpha 1 to RC1 and current Krypton branch), Amber 3.0.5 (official from the repo)

Anybody else experiencing this problem?

I can confirm this, the very same thing happening with two of my NUCs after youtube videos.
Using the latest version of krypton compiled by milhouse.
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2016-12-20, 17:15)tomtomclub Wrote: after update 1218 or 1219 / when i press video or program of addons ,does not matter what press i bet black window. till 1217 no problems

I have same problem. Have to stay #1217.
Found a little bug when i go into the EPG for live TV, backspace should return us to the last menu but instead it opens the side menu

Also, i used to like the double row shelves with different things on for example in your earlier post you have recently added and recommended:

(2016-04-29, 15:00)joethepartylion Wrote: Let me know what you think

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5C...hoto%2cjpg

Did i miss the option for this or is the up/down selection on a shelf mandatory? I saw the double row shelf option but this just gives me two lines of the same thing

Good work, still my favourite skin
When searching for subtitles, is it possible to display the filename of the video file?
It was posslble with the version for kodi 16.
Hey joethepartylion, everything ok with you?
No activity for a month in git makes me wonder and here is hoping all is good with you.
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
question,I can not find anywhere, how to as i see movie or TV series as seen finch ( V ) movie seen
(2017-01-27, 19:05)Raitsa Wrote: Hey joethepartylion, everything ok with you?
No activity for a month in git makes me wonder and here is hoping all is good with you.

Hi, yes I'm still about, thanks for asking. Just been really busy with family stuff recently and playing with ideas for a new skin.

I will make some updates to Amber in the next couple of weeks to fix some of the bugs people have reported.
joe - is it possible to somehow restore the dual shelfs in (tv/movies) instead of scrolling up to see (recently added or in progress) on the same screen.
(2017-02-03, 19:47)Zekeman Wrote: joe - is it possible to somehow restore the dual shelfs in (tv/movies) instead of scrolling up to see (recently added or in progress) on the same screen.
Settings > Skin Settings > Home Shelf > Show Double Row Shelves = Yes
I was looking for dual rows showing recently added and in progress at same time.
New RevertShelves Branch

9thFebruary2017 -Moved to RevertShelves branch - All previous commits are now part of Jester's official Amber branch. Add skin setting to restore Jarvis type shelves. Only show unwatched episode count if count > 0. Fix some label alignments.

All now tested on Kodi Krypton v17 Final
One issue I've found:
When you search for subtitles it doesn't show the filename of the movie file, instead it shows the episode name.
Showing the filename is crucial since it contains information about release group and other stuff to help you find the right subtitle.
(2017-01-07, 08:25)htpcero Wrote: Major problem:

- AFTER playing back one or two youtube videos and returning to the GUI, Amber's GUI elements start to flicker in a bizarre way, displaying triangular artifacts, especially in the areas of the screen that are being updated e.g. where there is scrolling text; the only fix is to restart Kodi; the GUI becomes unusable
At first I thought this was a video driver or video player-related problem, started to look for bugs and commits to Kodi that looked related - after noticing some improvement in RC3 over RC1. Found some, built and tested many kodi versions, had some discussions with devs.

Then by pure chance I reverted to Estuary and the issues were all gone. Then back to Amber, the issues were back after playing back one youtube or vimeo video. Then tested Confluence: no issues. This seems to be Amber-specific, perhaps Amber is triggering some underlying Krypton bug with skins, that other skins do not trigger, after video playback ends.
Hardware: Intel SOC (Baytrail), Software: Linux/Fedora 25 (server), Kodi 17 (from Alpha 1 to RC1 and current Krypton branch), Amber 3.0.5 (official from the repo)

Anybody else experiencing this problem?
I have the same issue, and I also have a BayTrail, maybe it has something to do with the Intel drivers + Amber?
(2017-02-04, 00:57)Zekeman Wrote: I was looking for dual rows showing recently added and in progress at same time.

Kodi Krypton v17 Is it possible to have the "in progress" as it was with kodi 16. especially with the TV section
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton Testing branch1