Kodi Supporting Trademark Violators?
I'm a Redditor and also a long time XBMC user (who would prefer to stay anon)

On your official reddit, users are referred to Addons4Kodi reddit - which then lists koditips.com immediately under your link in the sidebar

I have seen all the trouble wth copyrights here and wonder - are you perhaps purposely turning a blind eye? If you cannot stop them, I would think the least you would want to do is refer users to them - which it what is happening in this case.

or was koditips given permission to use kodi in their site address?
"[–]wildhellfire 1 point 7 months ago
It's a good idea and I support it, but I was puzzled because I thought the Kodi subreddit wasn't official...

[–]Team-Kodinatethomas[S] 1 point 7 months ago
It's still not, really, since most devs don't hang out here. But we've been getting a lot of complaints, so this seemed like a simple way to deal with them."

The addon reddit was added by a redit user not someone from Kodi. since it was there and they have no control over what discussion are placed in reddit they opted to just refer people there.

the side menu with the addons link clearly states friend sof reddit.

I'm not sure why such a common sense resolution wouldn't cause you problems when Official Kodi can do nothing about the existence of the addon section

why not read the thread on reddit that discusses the matter
Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

There are several degrees of separation here.

I'm no longer a member of Team Kodi, and I have never been a moderator on /r/kodi, but I can tell you this:

There is no official Kodi reddit. /r/kodi is maintained by the community. There is some overlap between people who are mods on /r/kodi and people who are on Team Kodi, but that does not make it official. The community was tired of dealing with the constant posts about the typical pirate/streaming add-ons, so someone else made a new reddit just for that. Then that community came up with some common links that they thought were useful.

Even if /r/kodi was 100% official, pointing to a second sub-reddit, that isn't under their control, is not an endorsement of that other sub-reddit's actions. If both sub-reddits were controlled by Team Kodi then both would be considered official, which would partially defeat the point of having a different sub-reddit. It's the same for the other HTPC sub-reddits which are listed in the /r/kodi sidebar (/r/cordcutters allows some pirate/gray area discussion, /r/cordcutting is more strict about not allowing it, both have "legit-topic" discussion, etc).

As far as I know, "koditips" has not been given any permissions to use the name Kodi in their domain, and are likely being challenged (or are about to be) on their domain name by the XBMC/Kodi Foundation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Supporting Trademark Violators?1