NAS hardware to direct play off the internet?
(2016-04-26, 07:47)nickr Wrote: Yep I get you Ned.

I had Lost all stored digitally but deleted them when I realised how crap it was...

I think it was season 3 or 4 where I realized that they were just making crap up as they went along. It made me so mad. I still finished it, but it really lost (no pun intended) its appeal from then on out. It was just "ooooh, what is this? What was that?" with no plot or point.
We are way OT now, but if you finished it, you had more stamina than me!!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I would go with plex. Just make sure the client you get for them is able to direct play all the typical media format there is, as bandwidth wise you do not have an issue at all.

You could even get them a pi, install kodi on it with the plexkodiconnect add on, and install plex server on your NAS, you would then be good to go.

The pi would be able to direct play most of not all of the typical video and audio without transcoding, which is crucial for you as the ds213+ specs is really not good for transcoding.

Sent from my iPhone
HT System - Denon X1500-H, 4x RP-500M for FR,FL,SR,SL, RP-404C for Center, 2x RP-500SA for Top Middle, SVS PB-2000. Harmony 665, LG OLED CX 65, Samsung PN51H5000 Plasma

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NAS hardware to direct play off the internet?0