windows 10 upgrade
So, uh the answer to your question is, don't spin down your drives, and Kodi will work flawlessly.

I've turned off Power saving on my Kodi Server for just this reason.

What you can try, is to set the Drive Spin-down to 4 hours of inactivity. So you can watch a long movie, and when it's over, Kodi will work like normal. But if you are gone longer than 4 hours (going to bed, on vacation, etc), the drives will spin down.

My FreeNAS server uses less than 65watts at idle, but with the drives powered down, it only goes down to 40ish watts, so not really a ton of savings.
@brazen1:
Thanks for your reply.
It does seem that the OP ment it like you explained.

Tbh, I have never noticed Kodi spinning up all my drives (excluding SSD of course).
I will check more thoroughly, and if this really is an issue I would recommend you raise a ticket for a fix (or have you already done so?)

Regards,

Atreyu
So uh, how flawless does that work out for ya' when KODI hasn't been STARTED for 4 hours?
Thanks for the pointer. I would have never thought of that.
Here's the original post again in case you entirely missed the point.

(2016-04-24, 19:23)stoolzo Wrote: Just upgraded to windows 10 on my HTPC, really really regretting it. I have a few issues but my only KODI issue is that when I load KODI it now insists on starting up all my hard drives before it really does anything. Windows 7 / kodi would only start a hd when it was accessed.

Any ideas?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I wouldn't personally run krypton if your having windows 10 problems bud might just lead you down false directions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
windows 10 upgrade0