Win Set Audio output to SPDIF when launching Kodi
I configured Kodi audio output to SPDIF, however, for some reason it changed audio output to speaker after launched. It does not happened all the time but very often. Seems it is quite common problem without real solution from reading the forum posts. I think the workaround is to use the command to set audio output to SPDIF every time Kodi Starts. Is this possible?
I had a similar problem with Kodi changing from WASAPI to Directsound all the time. I solved it by adding an Advancedsettings.xml.

Try the following:

First set Kodi to your desired audio output.

Next, go to the userdata folder and open the guisettings.xml using Wordpad and find the audiooutput command line

Copy the audiodevice command line which will look something like this:

<audiodevice>WASAPI:{AFE47B89-E206-4056-B3B4-A6BE0A049D3C}</audiodevice>

Now create a text file as follows (obviously replacing my text with your audiodevice command line):

<advancedsettings>
<audiooutput>
<audiodevice>WASAPI:{AFE47B89-E206-4056-B3B4-A6BE0A049D3C}</audiodevice>
<passthroughdevice>WASAPI:{AFE47B89-E206-4056-B3B4-A6BE0A049D3C}</passthroughdevice>
</audiooutput>
</advancedsettings>

Rename the text file to 'advancedsettings.xml' and place it in the userdata folder

If all goes well the options for selecting the audio output will have disappeared from the your settings options and you will have the correct output setting each time.
(2016-04-24, 23:31)MadScientist Wrote: I had a similar problem with Kodi changing from WASAPI to Directsound all the time. I solved it by adding an Advancedsettings.xml.

Thanks, I followed your suggestion and it is fine so far. Will see if that solves problem for ever
Glad it worked. I've had no issues since adopting the above approach and I'd be interested to hear how you get on in longer term
(2016-04-25, 09:01)MadScientist Wrote: Glad it worked. I've had no issues since adopting the above approach and I'd be interested to hear how you get on in longer term

Unfortunately it still does not work. I have to go to setting-system-audio output, but I do not have to change anything (because there is no more audio output selections). Just go to that setting page and return to play the video, the sound becomes normal. Seems strange.
Strange. It suggests the SPDIF output is not ready when Kodi wants access to it. I'm not aware that there's any handshaking required for SPDIF but it might be worth checking whether ot not the order in which equipment is turned on makes any difference?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set Audio output to SPDIF when launching Kodi0