Help with hd audio passthrough please on amd3870k
excellent, will try this, is this a complete new build?
Yes. He offers .tar file for upgrade of your current version. The wiki has a howto for manual updates which works here, too.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-04-25, 23:06)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:21:57:00 T:139803952510720 INFO: CAESinkALSA::Initialize - could not open required number of channels
^^ see, that's the driver issue. It tries to open 8 channels / 192 khz and fails.

Can you try Milhouse latest LibreELEC build from his thread. He ships the most recent kernel available - perhaps we see a difference. Also make sure in this new version that "Sync Playback to Display" is disabled, as this would disable PT.

The thread is here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=269815

I have just downloaded his build but its different to anything i have downloaded before so dont know how to burn it to a usb stick? This is all a bit over my techie level!
Been using a program called win32 disk imager to make all the other usb flash devices, not sure how i flash this one?
Forget that, seen i just copy the file to the update folder and reboot so will see what happens.
Just tried it, still doesn't work. Do you want a log file again or will it be the same issue?
As "doesn't work" is not a bug report ... i guess so.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Here is the log. After I realised it wasn't working, I noticed it had changed back to 25hz so I changed back to 60hz and still didn't work but here is the log, thanks again.
http://xbmclogs.com/p024w02y9
It's not the end of the world, I can still play files with Dolby digital and also dts, just not dtshd master and true hd. Prefer the stand alone version rather than the Windows version still but it's just annoying it doesn't work but I suppose my cpu is 5 years old now....
I have a new qnap ts-453a nas coming tomorrow which I am going to use as a media centre running kodi. Has 8gb ram and quad core intel celeron n3150 processor which supports 7.1 hd audio and 4k transcoding so not going to be using this system anymore but thanks for everyone's help and advice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with hd audio passthrough please on amd3870k0