Sensing HDMI Status
Hello,
I have one question regarding Kodi ability to sensing HDMI is active or deactivated coming from TV?
in my home I have following hardware setup
LG TV >> raspberry Pi >> Openelec >> Kodi
My main requirement is Kodi must stop all works(streaming/downloading) and come to home screen and wait till HDMI is not active again. The main purpose is that system stop streaming /consuming data in background if TV is off or TV using its other HDMI rather then connecting to Raspberry pi HDMI. So my main question is
“Is kodi can sense the status of HDMI wire connected to TV through raspberry pi or not Huh?”
According to my knowledge if it is possible then there are two ways to deal with this situation
• The CEC ability of TV & Raspberry PI
• Raspberry pi Genetic method. As in raspberry pi/openelec able to detect the status of LAN, USB etc active or not it must be able to detect HDMI is active or not? (I guessHuh)
I want to avoid CEC method and want to use other method. So if kodi have ability to sense HDMI status we can stop streaming by triggering a Kodi’s Built in function “PlayerControl(command)” (http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_functions) or through using Pushbullet addon we push stop command ” kcmd::XXXX” (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=204567) if HDMI is off.
So I need help to implement this type of functionality in my home system. As I am not expert Please help me & suggest me the best method to perform this task.The android TV boxes are able to switch off all apps when TV is off. So if Android boxes can do why not Openelec . According to me there must be a inbuilt standard function in Openelec or in Kodi to trigger stop command & come to home screen command to avoid accidental background streaming if we are not watching anything. This thing is very useful to Limited Internet bandwidth users.

Thanks
I found your post while trying to figure out how to search for my problem: I have two Pis running Kodi (OSMC) and both of them "crash" when I stop watching them. That is, when I switch my TV away from their HDMI connection, or turn the TV off, then the next time I look at them again, I see the Sad Face, and the interface reboots.

I can only assume that Kodi is fully aware of the status of the HDMI connection, and in my case, appears to crash when it is broken. This does not seem like the default behavior the developers would have chosen, but I'm not aware of breaking anything. My setups are slightly different in the two cases: in one, I'm connecting directly to the TV, and switch inputs using the TV's controls. In the other, I have a receiver that can switch HDMI inputs, and do my switching there. From the Pi's point of view these two are probably the same.

Hope this is somehow helpful...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sensing HDMI Status0