tvOS media storage
Hello. I couldn't find a subforum for tvOS, so I'm posting here.

I currently use Kodi on a linux system, but I'm thinking about replacing it with an Apple TV 4, so I can add other apps like HBO, Netflix, and Hulu. But I still get a lot of media from torrent files, so I don't want to lose that. How are you folks accessing media from your Apple TV? Is the Apple TV hardware powerful enough to run a torrent client? Has anybody been able to connect a USB hard drive? Or should I be looking at a NAS?

Also, is there any way to run a CUPS print server on AppleTV? I use my linux box to share my WiFi printer on AirPrint, and I really don't want to lose that feature. It seems like this should be possible now with the third-party app support, but I don't have the coding skills to do it myself.
I don't believe even a jailbroken Apple TV could do what you're describing (yet)

Although an Apple TV paired with a raspberry pi with external hard drive sounds like it may work for a torrent client, file server, and print server (for light usage)
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
no, no and no. Smile
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tvOS media storage0