KODI REMOTE
I have KODI 16.1 installed and running on a spare laptop. Is there a way to remote control KODI other than with a wireless keyboard? I want to program the IR codes into my MX-850 remote, and use one remote for all my equipment .
So a couple of things are involved with this.

To use your MX-850 remote, you need a dongle on your Laptop that can receive IR signals. If your Laptop is running Windows, you can grab a Windows Media Center dongle. Not sure how to configure the MX-850, but probably similar to how you would program a Logitech universal remote.

If instead, you can use a Phone or tablet, there are several software remotes that will connect to Kodi via IP address.
Couple of options may be worth a look?
If you have an android smart device phone/tablet............. you could use the official Kodi remote control app from the play store called 'Kore'
Use the Keymap Editor addon from the Kodi repository to map your keys on your MX-850
YATSE is another good android app that you can use to control KODI as well
FLIRC is usually a good solution if you have a random remote you want to use to control Kodi. You program it on a PC or Mac and map each IR code to a keyboard key, then plug the FLIRC into any device that accepts a USB keyboard and you have an IR remote emulating a keyboard. It's not bargain basement, but it will last you across multiple Kodi boxes...

Personally I run OpenElec/LibreElec on most devices, and they have built in support for RC6 MCE IR USB receivers - i.e. Windows Media Centre remote and receiver combos, and as I like the default MCE remote layout and the remote has a good mix of buttons for PVR use, I usually end up back with them. Though if you have Bluetooth and run OpenElec the PS3 Blu-ray remote is also an excellent solution (and avoids the need for a dongle)
Wow!!!! Thanks for all the advice guys!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI REMOTE0