v16 Request for a new Android pass-through build test!!
Hello,

It was with a great sense of dismal that I saw "Kodi 16 - Android pass-through test" thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2306055 closed. In my opinion wrongfully...
Is there a way that a dev can build a 16.1 build with HD Audio pass-through (ie. DTS-MA) ?!

In order to have HD Audio pass-through, I have two scenarios, one is to disable shield auto update for all apps (I've search but there's no update disable for a single app, unlike regular android) and install an older Kodi build with HD Audio (the last one is from March). Need to do this, cause with autoupdate Kodi is updated to the regular version that is on Play Store...
With this scenario, I will have to manually update all my apps on shield and get stucked with an older kodi version and left out from new kodi versions until Kodi 17 is released!!! I would be exposed to bugs and I wouldn't get new fixes and stuff like that.

The other scenario would require me to make a jump to Kodi 17 nightlies!! http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2277218
Right now, I still haven't test it, but I think they already got HD Audio pass-through, but the thing is that I'm not in the mood to risk using a version that can be full of bugs and whatsoever...

The Kodi 16+HD Audio pass-through was such a great compromise... the best of two worlds until Kodi 17 is released... please... someone make a build of it!!
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
Or install SPMC, since Koying has already moved to development in that branch and has passthrough functioning.
(2016-04-26, 20:33)davebytes Wrote: Or install SPMC, since Koying has already moved to development in that branch and has passthrough functioning.
That is a no go for me... have a lot of add-ons installed, with a lot of customizations... and I'm all for Kodi... not some unofficial spinoff... don't care if it's the pope who makes it...
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
(2016-04-27, 10:34)onesolo Wrote:
(2016-04-26, 20:33)davebytes Wrote: Or install SPMC, since Koying has already moved to development in that branch and has passthrough functioning.
That is a no go for me... have a lot of add-ons installed, with a lot of customizations... and I'm all for Kodi... not some unofficial spinoff... don't care if it's the pope who makes it...

So you want a developer to make a special build of Kodi 16.1, just for you? When everyone else has gone over to SPMC, which is being supported by the Kodi android developer himself. Just because you don't want to use an "unofficial spinoff" and move your customizations, which most likely can be copied directly via the backup add-on?

Sorry for my sarcastic comment, but Good luck with that! Wink

PS. The source code is available, so you can do it yourself Cool

I only use SPMC for stable v16 builds. Userdata is 100% compatible between Kodi and SPMC. You can copy everything between the two programs and have all the things you've already set up.

Any v16 test build with audio passthrough would be even less official in the eyes of the project, even if it kept the Kodi branding.

As it is right now, there are two or three forks of Kodi that are likely going to be the main source of future Kodi for Android development. If you want to help out with Kodi test builds then don't be so opposed to the idea. The code will hopefully all end up in the same place in the end.
(2016-04-27, 14:37)Juhler Wrote:

So you want a developer to make a special build of Kodi 16.1, just for you? When everyone else has gone over to SPMC, which is being supported by the Kodi android developer himself. Just because you don't want to use an "unofficial spinoff" and move your customizations, which most likely can be copied directly via the backup add-on?

Sorry for my sarcastic comment, but Good luck with that! Wink

PS. The source code is available, so you can do it yourself Cool
No, it's not just for me, it's a build for everyone...
But I guess I'm rowing on the wrong boat, guess I'll have to disable auto update on shield and install the last 16 build with PT... clap clap to all of you...

Enviado do meu Nexus 7 através de Tapatalk

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request for a new Android pass-through build test!!0